Saturday 18 June 2011

Less is More 20, take 2 ....

.... Chrissie and Mandi have challenged us to make a themed card for this week's Less is More Challenge.  The theme is "monogram" - that's a design that features one or more initials.  Now this is a difficult challenge, as just making the initial letter of a word large and decorated is not a monogram - it's an illuminated word!!  I made a card for my Mum earlier and the monogram there was "M" - she's delighted with her card and has it on her bedside table.  Gotta love your Mum!!

This card is for another member of my family.  As you know, Ben lives with his father and we only get to see him during the holidays.  But I do like to keep in touch and I make lots of cards to send to Ben - so this time my monogram is "B" for Ben.  Once again, I made the letter on the computer.  The font is called Jokerman - a bit funky - and is printed at 250point.  I masked the area around the letter and inside the loops, and then stamped my favourite Free Spirit stamp over the top!  It's really clean, simple and bright - just right for a teenage boy.  I'll post it on Monday.




Image:  Jokerman font - 250 point
Spellbinders:  Wonky Rectangles (S4-306) dies #5 and #6
Cuttlebug:  Embossing folder - Traffic Jam
Accessories:  Stampin' Up! ink - Pacific Point; Card from stash

That's all for this evening.  It's been a good day here in North Wales - we've escaped the worst of the rain.  In fact, the sun shone for our school fair this afternoon - Kathryn had a great time.  Sadly, I wasn't able to go - I just couldn't walk to school on crutches.  Touch wood, the knee is beginning to feel much steadier!  I've been able to walk around without using the crutches, but going upstairs I still need a lot of support.

I'll have a couple of posts for you tomorrow - the first is the new colour challenge at CR84FN - do drop in and see what super colours we have for you.  The second post - a bit later in the day - well, that's a surprise!!  See you tomorrow.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great techique - it looks so effective - I like it

Mandi said...

That sure is funky Deborah, sure Ben will be delighted
Thank you so much, again
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Paula (PEP) said...

Don't try anything too soon. Nice use of your Free Spirit stamp - you're definitely inventive with that one & I like the use of those wonky rectangles.
Paula (PEP)

Suze Bain said...

Two super cards Deborah. Love your backing paper on the first one and this one is just fab. Love the funky monogram and that embossing folder looks great too. xx

Beryl K said...

Love this, very funky
Beryl x

Jill said...

I love both of your cards - lovely!

Thank you for the kind comment on my own blog.

Jill S

Julia Aston said...

Love the funky square die cuts on this fun monogram card Deborah - I just got these dies and haven't cracked them open yet - they offset this fun stamped B nicely!

Tara Cardwell said...

the boys set from WM didn't appeal to me - but the more use I see you get from it, the more it inspires me to put it on my wish list! Its just perfect on this monogram!
Tara
x

Susan said...

Cute and funky...and perfect for a guy! Great job on this Deborah!
My Card

StampingStace said...

An excellent boys card. Ben will love it I'm sure ;o)
Stacex (19)

Carol said...

Two very different but fab cards . Loving the funky one for Ben. Carol x

Kathyk said...

Love your wonky rectangles - fab card

Kathyk

Jackie said...

Fab card, love the mat shapes :o)
Jackie xx

Fiona said...

How cool is this? Great bloke card.

Loli said...

Hello Deb, i'm happy to see you in my blog, thank you for your beautiful comment.
Your cards are so beautiful, but the M is so romantic, i love your backing mat, and the monogram is perfect!!, i love it.Well done Deb.
Have a very nice week.Hugs from Palma

Diane said...

Perfect monogram ... a fun one!!

Ang C said...

A fab card

Chrissie said...

I'm sure Ben will be thrilled! Great card for a chap!
Thanks again.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Lynne said...

Really fab & funky Deborah.
Lynne xxx

jo said...

Super funky card!!!

I'm so jealous of you living in North Wales. It's my family's favourite place to holiday!

Diane Louise J said...

Lovely card - thanks for your comments about my monogram card... both our 'Bens' will be made up with their cards !!
Diane xx

Aileen said...

Love your funky B and the wonky frames behind it. x

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Fab card Deborah, looks great

ali x

Vicky Hayes said...

Monogrammed cards are often really subtle but your card really packs a punch! Just right for a teenage boy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...