Friday 3 June 2011

Rainbow bright ...

.... one of the first things I do in the morning is check the Blogger Dashboard - I like to see the blogs I'm following and what new stuff has gone up.  At the top of the list this morning was this week's challenge at CAS-ual Fridays.  This week they've a slightly different twist - a sketch to play with - I like sketches!!



This sort of looks like a rising sun - and several of the DT obviously thought the same.  So I did a variation on the rising sun idea.  What I like about sketches is how it can be interpreted and the DT have come up with some really super cards.

The stamp I've used is one of my favourites, but I haven't used it for a while - so it was nice to take it out of the box to play!  It's a very simple, but rainbow bright, birthday card - a bit of a theme for me at the moment!!




Stamps:  Stampin' Up! - Medallion; Hot off the Press - Sentiments
Ink:  Kaleidacolor - Pastel

I had to use my stamp-a-ma-jig to make sure the elements were positioned properly - an essential requirement for clean and simple designs - but even allowing for that, this was a quick card to make.

And that's all for today - I'm now off to get packed - off to see my Mum this weekend.  And it's time for Ben to go home to his Dad's - any ideas for getting a teenager out of bed early?!   I do have a few posts scheduled for while I'm away, Blogger permitting :)

Finally, before I go, I noticed that my follower counter has increased - so I'd like to say Hi Sandra Umpang - welcome aboard!!  See you tomorrow!

15 comments:

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, I love the rainbow effect :)
Jackie xx

Tara Cardwell said...

wow, you were quick off the mark with this one this week Deborah! Great card - love the rainbow effect.
Have a great weekend.

Tara

Alison xx said...

Very pretty card. I love your colours and this stamp. A xx

Michele Gross said...

Such a fun and happy card! Love the way you added the color! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Virginia L. said...

So gald that you played and you are FIRST to enter (wow!), Deborah!! Your take on the sketch is faulous! I love the varied colors and shades for this design! Love it when colors do all the "talking"! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Julie Ranae said...

What a terrific take on the sketch! We always enjoy you playing with us and are so glad you could join the fun @ CAS-ual Fridays!

Paula (PEP) said...

Definitely an interesting interpretation of the sketch - this is the kind of card that will take me a whole week & a pack of cardstock to get right!!
Paula (PEP)

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this! What great colors to use with that Medallion stamp, it's so bright yet elegant :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jenny said...

Love the rainbow colours Deborah and a great sketch interpretation too:)
Jenny x

Laura Davis said...

This is so bright and beautiful! Great take on my sketch.
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

kingstonmama said...

That stamp works great for the sketch. I love your rainbow colors!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Wow! So very pretty - the color variegation is amazing!! Love your take on the sketch. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Debbie Carriere said...

Love that stamp & the rainbow effect!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Gorgeous! Love that you used a rainbow pad with that stamp and sentiment. Thank you for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week.

Shona said...

Great job! LOVE the colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...