Sunday 4 September 2011

Ribbon Reel challenge .....

.... it's getting close to the challenge deadline for the current Ribbon Reel - RR9 challenge - but I've made it!! 



The inspiration photo for this challenge has been picked by my Blog Buddie Pauline.  She wants us to make a card or project inspired by the photo using plum, green, grey/silver plus any neutral, and as we're on the Ribbon Reel challenge, some ribbon too!

I love the simple elegance of the photo and the soft, subtle colours - so decided to make a sympathy card - I need some for my stock.  I stamped the main image onto plain white card and coloured it with Promarkers.  I cut the image and mat layer out using my nesties.  While in the die I added some colour with my distress inks to the image.  I attached the silver ribbon directly to the card and, in my stash, I found a lovely green ribbon to make a small bow for the flowers.  Finally I die cut a fancy tag and attached the sentiment.  Simple and elegant.


Stamps: Kanban - All Occasions
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Promarkers:  Plum, Purple, Orchid, Soft Green
Spellbinders:  Fancy Tags (S4-235), Long Rectangles Sm (S4-144) #5, Long Scalloped Rectangles Sm (S4-145) #5
Accessories:  Ribbon, card and sentiment from stash

I'm having a lovely day - the weather has turned out to be quite reasonable!!  I'm on my own - Jonathan is out at a photo shoot and Kathryn out at a Fun Day at our local Cricket club.  So I've been able to play!!!  I've been watching Create and Craft TV - I do like the new Kanban steampunk card and toppers - they look wonderful, but I've not bought them.  And I'm busy making invitations for Kathryn's birthday party.  I've been playing with designs - and I've finally settled on the layout I'm going to use - now all I have to do is make them.  I'll share them with you soon.

10 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Very pretty colours Deborah and a beautiful card.

Anne

Anonymous said...

a very elegant card!
Elma

Buffy said...

Simply gorgeous Debs
xx

purple_pea_fran said...

Lovely card Deborah, it's so elegant and pretty.
Thanks for sharing with The Ribbon Reel

Pauline said...

Very pretty card Deborah, the floral image is gorgeous, and beautifully coloured! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight!

Paula (PEP) said...

Love how you've really used the shape of the flower with the colours for your stamped image for I can see the tulip shape in those green leaves. Beautifully elegant!
Paula (PEP)

Stella said...

Fan use of the colors and the result is gorgeous. Very stylish!
Hugs,
Stella

Jenny said...

Love this bouquet Deborah and the colours work well together too :)
Jenny x

Vicky Hayes said...

These peaceful colours look beautiful with the silver ribbon.

A Consuming Passion said...

This is such an elegant Sympathy card Deborah.......Sue to bring comfort!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...