Sunday 4 September 2011

CR84FN37 - birthday ...

... it's week two for our gorgeous cool colours - light blue, turquoise and neutral - CR84FN37.  For my second card I've made a Birthday card.  My uncle celebrates his birthday next week and these colours are perfect for a masculine card.  My uncle is a Mason so I decided to use the Square and Compasses as the main design element on his card.  I found the symbol in the Internet and used it to make a backing sheet for the card and also for the focal image.


I printed the backing sheet onto some plain white card and layered it onto black gloss card.  The main image was cut out with my nesties and I added colour to the image with my distress inks, and layered it onto black and turquoise mats.  I useed my stamp-a-ma-jig to position the birthday greeting.  It is really clean and simple, and perfect for my Uncle.

Stamps: Hobby Art - Happy Birthday
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Bashful Blue, Tempting Turquoise; Versafine - Onyx Black
Spellbinders: Standard Rectangles Lg (S4-132) # 4 & 5, Standard Rectangles Sm (S4-130) #5
Accessories; Card from stash; Image from Internet


There's still plenty of time to join in with the challenge - check the CR84FN blog for full details and to see more inspiration cards from the Design Team.  Our lovely inspiraition photos are courtesy of Martha Stewart.

That's all for today - I'll see you tomorrow!

14 comments:

Jackie said...

Beautiful colour combination, perfect card :o)
Jackie xx

Unknown said...

amazing card! the stamps and colors you used are perfect. i recognized the mason logo right away. :)

Anonymous said...

wonderful is this card!
Elma

GinaA said...

Very symbolic image, love the colour.

Suzanne C said...

What a fantastic main image for a masculine card. Lovely clean design. Beautiful.

Unknown said...

Wonderful masculine card, Deb!

Sue Lelli said...

Your Uncle will LOVE the masonic theme to this card! What a FAB idea, Deb and what a TERRIFIC masculine card! WOW!

Paula (PEP) said...

Inventive use of the computer - you're much more daring than I am. I like how personal you have made this for your uncle too.
Paula (PEP)

Jeanne J. said...

Deb, Great card. I love the theme and the colors!

Jenny said...

A brilliant Guys card Deborah and clever of you to make a background paper to match too.
Love that sentiment stamp :)
Jenny x

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply wonderful Deb! Love the soft coloring around the main image!

Vicky Hayes said...

Brilliant! A perfectly personalised card.

Tara Cardwell said...

What an inventive card - great for a Mason.

Tara x

sheila said...

this card rocks. seriously rocks. everything about it is placed perfectly.....colors-image-mattings-background...wow. love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...