Thursday 29 September 2011

CR84FN39 - Birthday wishes ...

... are sent today to Suzz, my fellow CR84FN DT buddy.  I know that Suzz has actually got the card already - so I'm not spoiling any surprise.  Do drop by Suzz's blog and leave her some love!!


I used our CR84FN39 colours - yellow, orange and brown - such warm, rich colours.  There's still plenty of time to join in the fun.

I started off with a bright orange card base (and matching envelope).  I attached a brown mat leaving a thin orange border and on top I layered some pale orange mulberry paper - just love the texture in this paper.  I stamped the lovely sunflower image three times and used Promarkers to colour it in.  I cut the base layer out using my oval nesties and then cut two layers so that I could decoupage the flower head.  I layered the sunflower onto a brown beaded oval and I ran a pale yellow gingham ribbon through the holes.  I like this effect.  Finally, I added a simple sentiment by stamping directly onto the mulberry paper.

Stamps:  Hampton Arts - Willowy Sunflower; Waltzingmouse - Frame-It
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Early Espresso
Spellbinders: Beaded Ovals (S4-294) #4, Plain Ovals Sm (S4-112) #5
Promarkers: Gold, lemon, canary, moss, lime zest, pastel beige, warm grey 1
Accessories:  Card, mulberry paper, ribbon from stash


Suzz - I hope you have a wonderful day.  We're experiencing an Indian Summer here - and it's wonderful to have such warm days at the end of September!  That's all for now - take care.

9 comments:

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Deborah, love the mulberry paper, and the beautiful sunflower.

Jenny said...

Really pretty Deborah, just right for this late summer heatwave at the moment :)
Jenny x

Tara Cardwell said...

I love that mulberry paper really makes it look special. I do love the way you do the ribbon with this die too.
Tara x

G Peplow said...

Hi Deborah, Beautiful card!! Great big sunflowers mmm so sunny and gorgeous. The textured paper background sets it off brilliantly. Enjoy this great weather:0) Gay xxx

Suzanne C said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes! Much appreciated! The card is even more beautiful in real life! The details are fabulous! Thank you!

Kim S said...

I dont know the last time that I used mulberry paper but I am going to have to find my stash because it is quite perfect on your card!

Jeanne J. said...

Deb, I like your sunflower with the background texture of the mulberry paper. It's been a long time since I've used that as well - your making something old new again. Looks great!

Paula (PEP) said...

Love your use of that mulberry paper for layering - so effective over the brown & against the orange card base. The sunflower is lovely & altogether the colours are just right up my street.
Beautifully warm here further south too.
Paula (PEP)

Cyndie said...

What a pretty card, Deb! I love the way you have woven that patterned ribbon through the die cut, and your coloring is marvelous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...