Wednesday 14 September 2011

Wordsmith ...

... I've made this card for three - yes THREE - challenges!!!  They are a sketch, technique and colour challenge - respectively:

I suppose the inspiration for my card comes from two of the designer cards on Just us Girls - Dana and Pam - I love the WM words on Dana's card and I like the layout of words on Pam's - so I CASEd them both!!  Thanks ladies.  The colours from Colour Q this week are so bright and cheerful and I thought they were perfect for this challenge.  There are so many lovely ways to say congratulations and well done using Claire's lovely stamps and creating a background with text stamps is such a nice way to showcase those words - this was really fun to make.  It's going into my stash for the time being - I'm sure I'll find a suitable occasion for it!


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Say It Loud, Bitty Banners, Back in the Saddle, Teeny Trees, Vintage Banners, Say It with Style, Fancy Phrases, Earth Angel
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery, Basic Grey; Memento - Tuxedo Black, Lady Bug (Poppy Parade)
Spellbinders:  Stars (S4-092) # 2 & 3; Nested Pennants (S5-028)
Accessories:  Stampin' Up! card - Tempting Turquoise, Poppy Parade and card from stash

I've not long got back from picking Kathryn up from school.  The children had a brilliant time at Nant - they all look so tired!!  I think it's going to be an early night for Kath.  And it's just lovely to have her home - hopefully I'll be able to share a few photos soon - the teachers took quite a few!! 

That's all for now.  Take care.  See you tomorrow!

26 comments:

Pauline said...

This is fab Deborah, I love these funky colours and the graphic style you have created! Cracking card!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

YEE-HAW - what a bright and fun take on this week's sketch. LOVE how you used different colors and different angles - great and very cool effect!

Jenny said...

A marvellous design Deborah, love all the fonts mixed up in every direction:)
Jenny x

Tara Cardwell said...

This is really creative Deborah - love it!
Tara x

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, Deborah! Love how you used all those sentiments with the colors. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

kasia c. said...

How fun is this card? :)
I love how you used all those sentiments, and that layered star with banner is fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Fabulous card Deborah, I like the double layer star and all the text.
Kevin xx

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh this is fun, love the star, it gives the card that extra special touch.

Jeanne J. said...

Deb, What a neat card! I love all the words in the background and the star banner. Everything ties together pefectly.

Kara said...

very cool text background! so glad you joined us this week at the ColourQ!!

Patrice said...

love how you incorporated all the challenges

Jackie said...

What a happy and colourful card :o)
Jackie

Stella said...

This post made me smile; glad to read you made this card for 3 challenges too:) And it's a jaw dropper! Love your use of bright colors. You created a fabulous background. Gorgeous!
Hugs!

Unknown said...

great card! i love the varying directions and colors of the fonts...and the focal point is perfect!

Teresa Kline said...

what a fun card, luv the all over stamping...hope you have a super week!

enjoy *~*

Vicky Hayes said...

A stunning design! I'm sure you're delighted to have your daughter back with you.

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun card Deb! Love all the WM Western goodness here! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

JJ Bolton said...

Deb, how can a person not smile looking at this card? It's so bright and happy!

Ultimate Whirligig said...

Hi Deborah, I have just had a look at your fabulous cards and Stamp catalogue. I loved your card and all the different sentiments you stamped. It is very effective. Also your Stamp catalogue is fasinating...as I am new to card making and stamping your collection inspires me. Thanks for leaving sucha nice comment on my blog. Sincerly Michelle

Karen Veneracion Flores said...

So how many stamp sets did you use to create all these sentiments? Ha ha ha, great card. I have to try this out, thanks for the inspiration.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is so clever! I love all of the sentiments and all of the bright colors over the white space! Great take on the sketch this week!

Dana Gustafson said...

Super fab Deb! I totally love your whimsical layout of sentiments but still in keeping with CAS style. Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls! Thanks for the shout out too :)

Cathy Weber said...

This is a super clever card Deborah, I always crack up when I see all the western sentiments. Yee Haw!

Gerdine said...

Great idea! And you can use is very well for a masculine card! Love all the colours and 'fonts' you used!

Paula (PEP) said...

I love the way you've arranged those words & used different colours for them then matched your embellishment colours too. Very effective & strikingly unusual.
Paula (PEP)

Kelly S. said...

This card is in the dictionary under... C.O.O.L! Does that even make sense? Hee! LOVE the colors and what a fantastic and creative way to use all of Claire's awesome sentiment choices!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...