Wednesday 21 September 2011

A three in one card ...

...   CAS-ual Fridays - CFC20 have a super challenge this week - they want us to make mini clean and simple cards - well no bigger than 4" × 4".  I like smaller cards - so I made another today - this time I've gone with a Christmas theme using a digi image - which is the challenge at Jingle Belles - JB38.  And as it's reasonably clean and simple in design - I'm entering into the Less is More - LIM33 - Anything Goes Aim for 1,000 challenge.


My card is a 4" × 4" square - it's slightly creamy in colour and has a very subtle texture to it.  The image is from Pink Petticoat and I have had it for ages and ages - but I tend to forget about them.  So the Jingle Belles challenge was a good way to make me check out what I had.  I printed three images the same size.  I cut one out using my nesties and added colour with distress inks.  I used a gold marker pen around the edge to give a thin gold border.  I colour the cupcake case with a promarker and then cut out the frosting layer and added lots of glitter.  I also did a fussy cut on the holly leaves and berries - not easy - and coloured them with Sakura glaze pens.  I'm really pleased with this - nice to use the digi image too!


Image:  Pink Petticoat
Spellbinders:  Big Scalloped Ovals Lg (S-251) #4
Inks: Distress - Antique Linen
Accessories: Sakura glaze pens - red and green; crystal glitter, gold pen, card

It's turned out to be a lovely day here - the sun is shining and it's quite warm - so nice!!  See you later!

13 comments:

lauren bergold said...

oh how i ♥LOVE♥ this miss deborah! that image is fabulous and you've done brilliantly to give it lots of detail, texture and interest... while keeping it C&S in such a lovely fashion! well done, indeed!!! ♥

Tara Cardwell said...

This one is yummy! I love the thin gold border - you have a very steady hand!

Don't think we're going to make the 1000 cards this week - not enough new players :-(

Tara

Sasha said...

Super card, Deborah. I love all the different techniques. I have those PP images, and just like you, I forgot I had them:)

Jeanne J. said...

Deb what a cute card! Love the sentiment with that fab cupcake. So cool how you got the white stripe around the die cut. I will have to give that a go. YUMMY!

Barbara said...

Oh, so cute! I'd love to have one of those cupcakes right now; would make a great dessert.

Mandi said...

That cake looks scrummy Deborah and calorie free!
Thank you for helping us with our target of 1000 entries
Mandi
LIM

Paula (PEP) said...

I love the glittered frosting & the dimension you created. It's a lovely CAS style with quite an elegance.
Paula (PEP)

SmilynStef said...

Who doesn't love a Christmas Cupcake ... great glittery frosting ... so glad you joined our digi-fun at Jingle Belles.

Chrissie said...

This is really "sweet" Deborah!
Thanks so much for helping in our attempt at 1000 entries to our challenge this week.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Laura Davis said...

Oh my soooo sweet!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Dana said...

A cupcake with holly? Genius! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jenny said...

oooo I'm pretending it's a mince pie with frosting on top :) Great card Deborah, love the nestie panel :)
Jenny x

Vicky Hayes said...

This is just great - I love the sparkly icing topped with the holly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...