Saturday 3 September 2011

For my Father ...

....  I've made this card for this week's Colour Q - cQc100 challenge.  It's a special occasion - 100 weeks of challenges - but I've only been playing since about cQc60 - or thereabouts!!  The team have joined up with Clean & Simple Stamping - FTL155 - and the challenge this week is to use any of the previous 100 Colour Q combinations with the fabulous sketch.

I decided to have a look at some of the really early colour combinations to see what I could find - I wanted to find a strong colour scheme for a masculine card.  I came across cQc17 - a great range of colours and I colour matched the Taken with Teal with Tempting Turquoise.

I started with a sheet of Black Magic Core-dination card with a pale blue reverse. I cut a mat for the card with the pale blue uppermost. I cut a smaller piece of card which I ran through my Cuttlebug, then sanded to reveal the pale blue. I attached this to the card base, added a bit of white card above and then covered the join with a black ribbon. I found a nice clean and simple birthday greeting which I stamped in red. I stamped the circles in red and turquoise and attached them to the card. Clean, simple - just right for a guy card.


Stamps:  Stampin' Up! - Circle Circus; Waltzingmouse - Free Spirit - Sentiments
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Real Red, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories:  Cuttlebug folder - Diamond Plate, Stampin' Up! - circle punches (various), ribbon and card from stash

It's my Father's birthday next week and I've made this card for him.  We've not seen each other for about 20 years - it's a long and complicated story, but after the death of my sister in March, I've decided it's time for us to get back in touch.  I did some things that hurt my Father, but I think it's time to move on, so I hope that he gets this card and decides to let bygones be bygones!  I can only try!  Anyway, it's in the post now!  See you all later.

8 comments:

Jackie said...

A fab card, I hope it has the desired effect for you both :o)
Jackie xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Great card Deborah your father will love it...the core-dination papers are great.

ANne

Tara Cardwell said...

Lovely masculine interpretation of the sketch Deborah - hope it has the desired impact on your father.
Tara x

Jenny said...

Love the embossed pattern...perfect for a guys card.
I hope this card for your dad can help to bridge the gap :0
Jenny x

Paula (PEP) said...

Wishing you all teh best with your Dad's card. I like your stitched ribbon & its striking effect.
Paula (PEP)

Sylvia said...

What a great masculine card, Deborah! I love how you used your colors. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ for our 100th challenge.

Will be thinking of you this week, hoping that this card will be the start of your way home with your father. Hugs!

Vicky Hayes said...

Contacting your father after a 20 year estrangement is such a brave thing to do Deborah. I hope you two are able to come together.

Arielle H Gordon said...

Very cool Deborah~ love the texture! Thank you so much for playing along with the colourQ's 100th challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...