Friday 2 September 2011

Take three .....

... the challenge at Less is More - LIM30 - is a recipe - to Take 3 challenges - we can pick any of the previous 29 challenges and combine them in a single card, and it doesn't have to be a one layer card either. 

The only challenges that I've missed are:
  • Pastel Colours - LIM5
  • Acetate - LIM11
  • Off Centre - LIM12
  • Congratulations/thanks - LIM13
The three from LIM11 - LIM13 were missed because I was only holiday in Mumbai - sort of glad I missed the acetate one :)  And for some reason LIM5 got by me too!  So I've decided to use them all in my card.


I used the very beautiful Medallion stamp by Stampin' Up! as the main image, stamping it in Brilliance inks - which have such a pretty shimmer.  I added a large gem to the centre and added some acetate butterflies - all have been coloured with alcohol inks.  Finally, I added a simple sentiment to say thanks.

Stamps:  Stampin' Up! - Medallion; Waltzingmouse - Say It Loud
Inks:  Brilliance - Twilight; Distress - Dusty Concord
Accessories:  Acetate butterflies (Dawn Bibby), Alcohol inks, and card from stash

I am really pleased to report that the Physio was delighted with my progress - as am I!!!  There is still a bit of swelling, which is only to be expected 4 weeks after surgery, and that should go down in the next month.  I've been given the all clear to get back to walking - I plan to walk around my village every day - it's a short route of about 2 miles.  And the weather is nice at the moment too - so I've no excuse not to do it!!

Kathryn is back to school on Monday, so this weekend we have to get everything ready for her.  Sew labels on uniforms, get her bag sorted, etc - she's so ready to go back!

That's all for now - I'll be back early tomorrow to see what Chrissie and Mandi have in store for us for LIM31!  And now I'm off to have a look at the other entries for LIM30.  See you soon.

20 comments:

Cynthia Schelzig said...

This is a gorgous take on the combination at LIM....

Anne said...

You got week 6 - off the edge too lol! So pretty, love your shimmery colours. I keep seeing this medallion and thinking it maybe has my name on it...
Anne
x

Tara Cardwell said...

Glad you found the time to play Deborah - this is a real stunner - you combined some of the most tricky past challenges into one brilliant card :-D
Tara x

Kathyk said...

Stunning card, love your twilight brilliance treatment, your butterflies are fabbbbbbbbbbbb

Kathyk

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the medallion with this graduated effect and I love the way you added 'a bunch' to the thanks sentiment too. Those butterflies are a restful way to use acetate!

Suze Bain said...

Really lovely Deborah. Love the medallion and that sentiment is fab. Well done on tackling the acetate too! xx

Sandra said...

Lovely card. Think the alcohol ink on the butterflies is great. Sandra

Buffy said...

Beautiful card Debs

Buf x

Viv said...

Another beautiful card again Deborah , well done :O) Viv xx

Mandi said...

The shaded medallion looks fabulous Deborah, I love the over stamped sentiment
Good to see you

Thank you very much
Mandi Diva LIM
"Less is More"

fatmonica said...

It's a great card-love that medallion.

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Deborah, love the colours you've chosen. Carol x

Penny said...

I love that medallion stamped in Brilliance and the pretty acetate layer. Gorgeous card!

Chrissie said...

To willingly use acetate... wow!
It's a great card Deborah, with a great combo of challenges! It's good that you have caught up on a few that you missed too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jenny said...

Love how you combined these challenges Deborah, that medallion stamp is fab!
It's good to here your still on the road to recovery, great idea to walk around the village...make use of the nice weather while we still have it!
Jenny x

Jackie said...

A beautiful LiM card :o)
Jackie xx

G Peplow said...

Hi Deborah, Gorgeous card, love the medallion stamp and the butterflies fit beautifully, pretty colours too, Gay xxx

Riikka Kovasin said...

Such a beautiful card!

Sue said...

Well done getting in just in time - I usually do the same.

A beautiful card. I love that SU stamp and the colour you've used is so pretty. Sue.x

Paula (PEP) said...

Super idea with the acetate butterflies.
Quite striking in total. Hope you get everything done over the weekend & good news about the knee.
Paula (PEP)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...