Sunday 25 September 2011

CR84FN39 - Thanksgiving ...

... it's time for the new CR84FN colour challenge - it's completely different to last time.  For the next two weeks our colours are orange, yellow and brown - shades of Autumn (or Fall, for our American friends).

What's your favourite season of the year?  When I'm asked that question - I have to be honest and say it depends.  I usually pick the season we're in - who couldn't love the warm, deep colours of autumn - the shades of yellow, orange and brown - just lovely!  And aren't these photos just stunning  - and I got the inspiration for my card from that lovely Autumn Wreath.

I started off with a plain white card and added some yellow ink to the edges.  I placed a leaf mask on the card and the sprayed, lightly, with some gold Cosmic Shimmer - the leaf pattern has a lovely shimmer.  I stamped the wreath onto plain white card and coloured with Promarkers. I used the Spellbinders lacey square to cut the base layer in brown.  In my stash I found some lovely fabric in shades of orange and yellow - perfect!!  Onto the dark orange fabric I stamped the sweet oak leaves and acorns, and I stitched a square of the yellow and orange fabric to the brown base layer.  Next I added a plain white card on which I'd stamped a brown frame and sentiment.  I used pinflair glue to give the oak leaf wreath some dimension. 

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse: Peace and Plenty, Teeny Trees, Frame It
Inks: Distress - Mustard Seed; Stazon - Timber Brown; Memento - Rich Cocoa; Versafine - Vintage Sepia
Spellbinders:  Lacey Squares (S4-295) #5, Standard Squares Lg (S4-126) #6
Accessories:  Creative Expressions - Leaves mask; Cosmic Shimmer Gold Shimmer; Fabric and card from stash

Now, if you'd like to see more inspirational cards with these fabulous colours, please do check out the Design Team's blogs:
 Marie Oberg - our Guest Designer

That's all for now.  We're off to the Mold Food Festival today - it's an annual event where local farmers, small holders and businesses get together to show off, and sell, their produce.  It's such fun - we get so try different foods, see cookery techniques, the kids usually get to make a quick and easy recipe of some sort.  We always come home with lots of food goodies - so I'm looking forward to what I can add to the larder!!  Have a good day and I'll see you tomorrow!

23 comments:

Heather Rogers said...

So sweet Deborah. I saw this set during the release and think it is amazing. Fabulous job coloring up the wreath. :)
Hugs~

Jackie said...

Autumn is always my favourite time of year with Spring a close second.
A beautiful card :o)
Jackie xx

Pauline said...

Fabulous card love the fabric panel! This is one of my favourite sets, and I'm playing with this set too at the moment! Gorgeous colours this week!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful wreath! lovely coloring. the masked background gives such a nice depth. Lovely card.

Stamps and Paper said...

Great Autumn colours and a lovely card


Anne

Marie said...

Deborah, love, love, love your card. The wreath seems to pop right off the front of the card. The stamped fabric leaf is is amazing...wish I had thought of that. I like the masked background, the frame...the whole card!

- - Sheryl - - said...

Beautiful card - love the framed die too!

Sasha said...

Beautiful auntum colours, really like this card, Deborah:)

Unknown said...

Lovely card, Deb! The autumn wreath is gorgeous and so is your subtle masked background!

Paula (PEP) said...

Terrific colouring of that wreath & interesting use of fabric in this. Your oak leaf/acorn embellishment is a lovely touch too. Hope you've had a good day.
Paula (PEP)

Aileen said...

Lovely autumn card. x

Mona Pendleton said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving card Deb! Great job bringing that beautiful WM wreath image to life! Love how you framed it with a pice of fabric! Adds a real homespun feel!

kingstonmama said...

Oh, that wreath is just gorgeous. I love it!

Jenny said...

Love how you've used fabric in your design Deborah, a really lovely card :)
Jenny x

Bonnie said...

What a lovely wreath! There's some fancy cutting there!

Judy1223 said...

Deborah, this card is just lovely...truly a fall card! I love the background of the card base...cool effect! The shiny leaf is gorgeous, and I adore the beautiful wreath. Lovely card!

Deb Hickman said...

What a pretty wreath, beautiful card. I hope you enjoyed your weekend.xxxx

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful Thanksgiving card, love the masking of the leaves for your BG, wonderful coloring!

Andrea M said...

Such a gorgeous Thanksgiving card Deb!!! Love the fabric and stitching - gives it such a home-spun feel! Lovely!!!

Sue Lelli said...

Deb, LOVE the wreath and your FAB coloring! Especially LOVE the gold shimmer! It adds such a FAB detail to your LOVELY card!

Shannon White said...

Goodness Miss Deb, this is soo Lovely! Your lovely fall wreath is colored up so beautifully! Love that you matted it up with the Sweet calico fabric! Just a darling Thanksgiving card! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon 8-)

igła i nitka said...

What a beautiful Thanksgiving card! I like very much the idea of using stitched fabric onto this card.

Lisa Elton said...

What a beautiful autumn wreath Deborah, love the little acorns!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...