Saturday 24 September 2011

Less is More 34 ....

... good morning fellow LIMettes - last week's challenge - Anything CAS Goes, 1,000 Challenge - was really good fun.  I haven't been able to visit all the submissions, but I will try to get around - there are some fabulous cards on display.  Sadly, despite extending the deadline, Chrissie and Mandi didn't quite get to 1,000 submissions - there were 782 cards when the collection closed.  I managed to make five - some of them for my Christmas Collection - so thanks Chrissie and Mandi - I got some super cards made.

Now, this week's Less is More - LIM34  challenge is a sketch and, amazingly, I have a card made already!! 


I have kept to the sketch layout, but instead of a square card, mine is  a 5" × 7" rectangle.  The only reason my card is ready now, is because I was playing with this stamp set during the week, so had the focal image already made!  How lucky is that? 

I think you all know that I'm a fan of Waltzingmouse Stamps. Well, last week Claire issued four new sets of stamps - two of the sets featured a really sweet cottage and I just wanted to play with it - the WM DT made some really wonderful cards - check out these two here - and there are others to see on Claire's blog too. 


The cottage image is really detailed and it has so many possibilities.  As it's getting really autumnal here, I opted for the lovely warm colours of Autumn leaves.  I stamped the image directly on some card and used my nestie to cut it out.  I put a mask over the image and then added the background sunset and some autumn trees.  I coloured the roof with a mixture of inks using my aqua painter, and used Promarkers on the body of the cottage and windows.  The set contains two stamps - the full version and the front of the house - I stamped the front house and added this to the image to give some dimension.  Finally, I cut out a mat in brown using my Scalloped Rectangle nestie - I think Claire made this image to fit this set.  I attached the image to the card base and simply finished it off with this really sweet sentiment.

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse: A Cottage Home, Teeny Trees
Inks:  Distress - Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door, Antique Linen, Old Paper, Rusty Hinge, Vintage Photo; Memento - Rich Cocoa, Tangelo, Potter's Clay, Bamboo Leaves; Stampin' Up! - Cajun Crazy
Promarkers:  Chestnut, Pastel Yellow, Amber, Pumpkin
Spellbinders:  Scalloped Rectangles Lg (S4-133) #5, Standard Rectangles Lg (S4-132) #5
Accessories:  Card from stash

That's all for this morning - we're off to the airport to pick up Jonathan soon - he's been off on business again!  I hate him going away, but love it when he gets home.  See you soon.  Have a good weekend!

36 comments:

massofhair said...

Beautiful stamp, very warm and welcoming colouring! Love the scallop edge to add interest. Wonderful entry:-)

Loli said...

Hola Deb...FANTASTIC WORK!!!!Deb, beautiful stamp and your colouring is perfect, i love it!!!.
Thank you for to suggest me post my flip flop card, and thank you for your top 3 for me.
A BIG hug from Palma

Joyce across the Pond said...

Gosh you weren't long getting the little cottage into use...lovely card Deb - well done.

G Peplow said...

Hi Deborah, This is fab what a lovely stamp:0) I love your Autumnal colours, it's a brilliant card, Gay xxx

Mandi said...

Hi Deborah this looks FAB, it reminds me of marquetry

Appreciate all your efforts last week

Thank you
Mandi LIM

Chrissie said...

This is gorgeous Deborah!
Thanks for your participation last week, we really appreciated it!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Suzilou said...

WOW what a fantastic stamp, will be checking out that site later, can see my Christmas list getting longer hehe. Your colouring is fantastic, makes a great new home card. : xx

Tara Cardwell said...

Gorgeous Deborah! I had a feeling we might be playing with similar stamps today ;-)
Tara x

Jane said...

Lovely card, great colouring.

Pauline said...

Such a lovely warm and inviting card, beautiful colours with Claire's gorgeous stamps!

Viv said...

This is great Deborah and such lovely warm colours too, well done again :O) Viv xx

Rosemary said...

oh your cottage is so lovely! (have those wms stamps on my wishlist!!)

Kathyk said...

Lovely card and colours

Kathyk

Maribel said...

really beautiful.

Aileen said...

What a fantastic house! Super new home card. x

Lynne said...

That`s a fantastic stamp Deborah and you`ve used beautiful colours.
Lynne xxx

Margaret said...

Oh this is gorgeous!!
Margaret x

Paula (PEP) said...

I love the colours you used for this - also houses are always amongst my favourite images. I particularly like the way you coloured the windows as if there is a light shining inside & you certainly got those tiles coloured nice & randomly.
Hope everything went well with collecting Jonathan.
Paula (PEP)

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh my goodness - how gorgeous is this?!! I love the way you've coloured the image Deborah - truly stunning. Enjoy your reunion!

Fiona said...

Wow such a gorgeous card Deb the house looks like its popping of the page.

Carol said...

This is great Deborah, its a super stamp. Carol x
PS Glad you got home eventually!

Susan said...

Deborah, this is just beautiful! I love how you've popped the front of the house. Fabulous stamp!

Linby said...

I just saw another Limette use this new set - I love miniature houses too. You made a beautiful autumnal card.
Linbyx

Anne said...

What lovely warm colours and I like the postage stamp look
Anne
x

Suze Bain said...

This is gorgeous Deborah. Love the autumnal shades. xx

Sasha said...

Love that stamp, and your colour choices. A really lovely card:)

Jenny said...

Love the detailed image Deborah, you've shaded it so well, perfect for a new home card :)
Jenny x

Bonnie said...

What a charming cottage with it's Fall colors! Love it!

Lisa A. said...

How very pretty...love the warm colors...perfect with the sentiment, too!!

Jeanne J. said...

Deb great card - I love the fall colors. I keep looking at the shingled roof - so pretty!

GinaA said...

This is stunning Deborah, so pretty and detailed.

ribenaruby said...

Great autumnal card! Ruby x

Marlena M. said...

Deborah, your card is exquisite! ;)

Maja said...

Gorgeous card! Love the cottage and the way you coloured it. I can't wait to get my set of stamps.

Cyndie said...

Oh, my--your coloring is nothing short of amazing! It's so perfect it almost looks like a photograph, only better! Very, very nice--thanks for the inspiration!

fatmonica said...

I love that house!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...