Friday 30 September 2011

Mold Food Festival ...

Lots of pictures here!!

...  just a short post with some pictures from last week's Mold Food Festival.  I mentioned earlier this month that I've joined the Mold Camera Club along with Jonathan and Kathryn - a family membership!  Well, the Club was asked to take the photos at the recent Food Fest - and it was my first opportunity to play with my lovely new digital SLR - a Canon 550D. 





I had a great time - taking lots of photos - and what was really nice was the ability to take photos without having to use the flash.  As I'm still very much in the learning phase I decided to stick to automatic focus/shutter speed - ie the camera does it for me - all I do is pick the subject and press the button.













And this was my first lesson - auto focus is a wonderful thing - when it works.  But it doesn't always focus on what I thought it was focusing on!  Sometimes, the auto focus picked a spot just in front or  behind the subject I wanted.  Still, I'll get that sorted in due course.  The technical details can be learnt - the ability to see a good picture is a lot harder!  So here are a few from the Festival!

 


These were delicious!


Ah!! An English summer drink!


She was so sweet - and I love the expression on her face!


Jean Christophe Novelli - an extremely popular visitor - the tent was packed!


Love the rainbow effect with these bottles - they tasted good too!


An alien life form - no, just an unusual cauliflower - Romanesco!


Wow - that's bright!

It was a fabulous day out - and I learnt a lot about my new camera and about finding the right picture.  Still have shed loads to learn though - what fun :)

9 comments:

Pauline said...

What fab photos Deborah, I've never been to the festival, but if Jean Christophe is going to be there, well...I'll have to make a trip I think lol! Those colourful cheeses look fab, such a great picture - one for your pinterest board! Xx

Tara Cardwell said...

That's a new one on me - will add it to my list of food festivals and see if we can visit next year. Great photos.
Tara

Jenny said...

Now you're making me hungry! :)
Great photos Deborah...you've certainly got the eye for the arty shots :)
Jenny x

G Peplow said...

Woah You do get about!! LOL great photos, the row of coloured bottles did it for me, well done and enjoy your new camera, Gay xxx

Karin Åkesdotter said...

YUMMY! What great pictures!

Basement Stamper said...

As much as I don't like cauliflower I love the photo of the unusual one...love it!

Jeanne J. said...

What great photos - you have a good eye for color and composition! Those cupcakes look so YUMMY! I need to investigate Pimms. Thanks for sharing. Looks like you had a fabulous time!

Paula (PEP) said...

Looks very interesting indeed & that cauliflower is very strange indeed.
Paula (PEP)
Glad you enjoyed the camera.

Vicky Hayes said...

Thanks for sharing your photos Deborah - the festival looks wonderful and your photos are brilliant! I think I would've left Jean Christophe Novelli to the others and gone to drool over those beautifully decorated cup cakes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...