Thursday 1 September 2011

For Your Inspiration # 13 - Guest Designer ......

... I was fortunate to be selected Lovely Lotus with my FYI10 card and my prize is to be Guest Designer for For Your Inspiration #13.  Once again we have a simply gorgeous photo for your inspiration:


I was delighted when I saw this photo - it's not just fabulous, Paris has some very special memories for me, so it was perfect.  After meeting Jonathan, our first trip away together was to Paris - a city known for romance.  We stayed in at Hotel California on Rue du Berri, just off the Champs-Elysees.  We went in April, the weather was a bit mixed, but that didn't stop us having the most wonderful time.  So my card has been inspired both by the picture and by my memories of a wonderful break.


I started off by stamping the Eiffel Tower and embossing it with clear powder.  Then I masked off areas above and below my image area.  I stamped a variety of images that I associate with Paris - travel tag, postage stamp, french writing - in pale lavender and then I started to sponge colour onto the card.  I tried to keep as close to the sunset colour scheme as I could.  I added a few more image in darker inks and added deeper shading.  After removing the masks, I added a simple sentiment - Together Always.  This card is for Jonathan, my husband and best friend.

Stamps: Creative Expressions - Travel set; Llewllyn-Bowen - Venaissence; Waltzingmouse - Fancy Phrases
Inks: Distress - Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord, Worn Lipstick; Stampin' Up! - Bashful Blue, Night of Navy; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories:  Card and embossing powder from stash

Thanks so much to the team at For Your Inspiration - I've really enjoyed being Guest Designer!

11 comments:

Pauline said...

What a fantastic card for your hubby Deborah, this card is a real beauty! Love the sponging technique you have used, its amazing!!

Tara Cardwell said...

What a fabulously romantic card Deborah - its simply beautiful :-)

StephC said...

Absolutely fabulous! I love the sweet love story behind it as well. Such a pleasure to have you as our guest designer!
Hugs!
Steph

Jackie said...

Brilliant card :)
Jackie xx

Sara Mac said...

Deb this is a wonderful card. I just loved reading your description because it's so heartfelt. Perfect sentiment too. So glad you could be our guest DT for this challenge.

Sasha said...

A gorgeous card, Deborah! Lots of lovely work! And such precious memories of Paris to cherish forever. Jonathan will love your card!

Paula (PEP) said...

Congratulations on your Guest Designer prize. This is such an imaginative interpretation of the inspirational photo & I love the way the tower sits at the base of the card extending up into that central striking panel - very much like the photo.
Paula (PEP)

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous night photo of the Eiffel Tower Deb! It's just magnificant! Your card is so wonderful! Love the travel theme!

Vicky Hayes said...

You sound as if you had a wonderful time in 'Paris in springtime' and it shows on your card. I love the sunset colours you used in your background and the Eiffel Tower looks fabulous against it in black.

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful card! I love the collage effect here. ;)

Debby said...

Wonderful to have you as our Guest DT Deborah. Love the layered stamping and colours in your card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...