Wednesday 28 September 2011

Words in green ....

... it's ridiculously late, but I just can't get to sleep!!  So rather than toss and turn, I've been playing in my craft room.  This little card is for the CAS-ual Fridays - CFC21 challenge - where the team would like us to "create a clean and simple project using at least 3 shades of a monochromatic colour (our choice) PLUS brown", and it's also for the One Layer Wednesday - OLW65 - challenge - sentiment-a-mania.  Jennifer want us to make sure the sentiment is the main focus of the card.


Some while ago I bought some alphabet stamps (see example at foot of post) produced by Hero Arts.  Each set has a large capital letter and lots of little stamps - words and images.  For this card I selected a number of boxed verses - generally related to enjoyment, laughter and fun.  I stamped each one in a different shade of green, cut them out and mounted them onto some brown card.  For the final square I stamped a paisley swirl in Versamark and embossed it with clear powder.  It's a small card - 4" × 4" - but sweet.  I think it would make a nice set of cards in other colours.


Stamps: Hero Arts - Clear Design Alphabet Sets - Letters: A, G, L and R
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, Old Olive
Accessories:  Card from stash

Sorry about the quality of the picture - I've had to scan the card.  The picture below shows all the stamps that you get in the "L" set.  I've used them quite a lot this year - which is good!


Anyway, it's now 1.45am and well past bed time, so I'm going to say good night and hopefully I'll get off soon.  See you later today :)

7 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Very striking with the green & brown colours. Hope you managed to get back to sleep OK.
Paula (PEP)

Pauline said...

Goodness Deborah, hope you managed to get some rest! I suffer from insomnia too, it's not very nice. Take it easy today. A lovely card made with these fab stamps and colours, very striking. Have a great day xx

Laurie said...

I love the colors you picked! Great job for the challenge! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jenny said...

I've never seen these stamps before Deborah. Love the grid design and the sentiment boxes, fab colours too :)
I'm not sure I got this challenge right!
Jenny x

Dana said...

Such a well laid-out card! Your shades of green are perfect for the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays, thanks for joining us.

Virginia L. said...

FANTASTIC idea and execution, Deborah! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Anonymous said...

i like the writings but there is lack of design and the background is simple. it would be so attractive if you added more design at it.
Plastic card printing
Plastic Cards

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...