Friday 16 September 2011

Back to school ....

... I've made this card for the current Ribbon Reel challenge - RR10 which has a Back to School theme.  The challenge was posted at the beginning of September and I've left it late with my card, but there is still time to play along.  The Ribbon Reel ladies provided a super inspiration photo, for colour, as well as the instruction to use school elements and some ribbon/twine.


I've been quite literal with the inspiration picture.  I made the card landscape and it's a blackboard - with a personal message to Kathryn.  She started back to school last week and has been away at Nant for the outward bound course this week, so I gave her the card this morning.  To make the "chalk" writing on the blackboard I simply wrote a message using my Versamark pen and embossed with detail white powder.  Works a treat!!  I found the sweet school buttons in my stash and added some twine to them.  The books are a bit of clip art that I found and cut cut out.  I stamped the beautiful fountain pen and coloured it with Promarkers - Kathryn is quite keen to have a fountain pen!!  She's absolutely delighted with her card.


Stamps:  Inkadinkadoo - Pens (93401X) - it's actually an image of three pens and I picked this one!
Inks:  Versamark Pen; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Promarkers:  Poppy, Gold
Accessories:  Clip art from Internet, buttons, twine, embossing powder and card from stash

That's all for now.  It's a bit mad in the house at the moment - getting ready for Kathryn's birthday party as well as having various maintenance jobs done in the house.  Now I'm off to finish painting the photo frames - more on that later :)  Have a great day.

8 comments:

Kim S said...

You were REALLY inspired and it looks fantastic...I love the personalized chalkboard and your choice of accents!

Pauline said...

Fab card Deborah, love the personalised message written with your versa mark pen, she must have been thrilled!
Thanks for joining us this week at The Ribbon Reel!

Lynn Mercurio said...

SQUEAL...what an adorable and creative card. Love those sweet little buttons. What a great way to wish Kathryn a happy school year. Well done, Deb.

Jenny said...

This is great Deborah, I love the blackboard writing :) I bet Kathryn is getting quite excited even though the parties a few days away :)
Jenny x

Stella said...

Awe this is such a perfect card for the challenge and so so gorgeous. Love all the little details and the super cute buttons.

Take care of yourself with such a busy schedule :)

Vicky Hayes said...

All the elements are fab Deborah but it's the 'blackboard writing' that makes this card for me. Good luck with those party preparations!

Romaine said...

So cute! Love the adorable school supply buttons!

Oscar said...

Gorgeous card Deborah, I love those cute school brads! Thanks for playing along at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight. Hope the party went well x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...