Tuesday 27 September 2011

Fall Blessings ....

...  this card has been made for two challenges - the Clean & Simple - FTL158 sketch and this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge - PCCC100.  

Earlier today I didn't think I was going to get a card done for the 100th challenge - I just couldn't think what to do.  But that's when it's so useful to have my Stamp Catalogue and to have colour reference sheets for my inks, because suddenly it all became clear to me!

The Play Date colours are really Autumnal (Fall) - so warm and rich - and I have an ink pad that combines these colours in one "Big 'n' Juicy" pad!  So I inked up my flower stamp and randomly stamped a number of impressions on a sheet of paper.  I made a brown mat for the back layer and used my square nesties to cut out a green mat and small section of the flowers.  On the small section I coloured the flowers using the stamping inks.  I made a ribbon in the green card and punched a leaf border along the bottom edge.  Finally, I added a simple sentiment - Fall Blessings.  I guess I'm getting used to calling Autumn - Fall!  Here's my card.


Stamps: Prima - Flower #541842; Waltzingmouse - Peace & Plenty
Inks: Big 'n' Juicy - Spice; Stampin' Up! - Chocolate Chip
Spellbinders: Classic Squares Lg (S4-126) #4, Classic Squares Sm (S4-128) #4
Accessories:  Martha Stewart - Maple Leaf edge punch; Card from stash

We're having a bit of an Indian Summer - the sun's been shining all day and it's really quite warm for the time of year.  Hope you're all having a great day - see you again tomorrow.

14 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

This is lovely Deborah - I love the coloured in panel on top of the same background. I have that stamp too but haven't inked it yet as I was never inspired until now!
TFS
Tara x

Pauline said...

Oh Deborah, you've really rocked this challenge! Gorgeous elements love the spotlighted leaves, gorgeous!

GinaA said...

This is stunning Deborah.

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Deborah! This card is so pretty. I love how the background repeats your focal point and all the great colors!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the colours of autumn and you've used them beautifully in your card. The more intense focal square looks great against the background.

Glad you got Jonathan back eventually, even if the plane was late, and I'm looking forward to seeing your photos of the Mold food festival!

Paula (PEP) said...

Terrific the way those rounded corners pick up on the roundness of your floral design & the leaf bordering. the focal image is great coloured in too & it's a lovely idea to use the same image but in outline stamped form for the background.
Paula (PEP)

Stella said...

The background of your card really caught my eye. It has a sort of graphic look and it's a wonderful way to work with these colors. Fabulous;it really shows off your talent. Wow!
Hugs!

Jenny said...

The inks are perfect for this challenge Deborah and such a lovely bkgd too, love the coloured panel:)
Jenny x

Anonymous said...

This so pretty, love the colours and the elegant look you have achieved
Lindsay xx

Yvette said...

very pretty Deborah

Jen W. said...

This is gorgeous, Deborah! Love the contrast of outline and coloured images and the green matting and the leaf ribbon strip are the perfect touches!

Andrea Ewen said...

Fabulous, Deb...what an awesome design! My eye was drawn straight away to all those beautiful colors...arranged perfectly! Thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe!

Michelle said...

sooo beautiful, Deborah!! I love the spotlight!

Jackie said...

A beautiful card and lovely Autumn colours. Sorry I can't call it Fall, I'm English :o)
Jackie xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...