Wednesday 7 September 2011

Red and green ....

.... a traditional colour scheme for a Christmas card.  The Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge this week has a super sketch with three panels and a circle, and the Waltzingmouse Christmas Challenge for August is to use three different papers for your card(s).  A perfect marriage of two challenges.



For my card I've turned the sketch on its side to make a vertical card.  I picked the traditional colours of red and green, with a hint of gold.  First I made the three background papers - all the images are from Waltzingmouse - I used Stampin' Up! inks, and cut them to size.  For the focal image and sentiment I stamped the image twice and embossed it to give a bit of colour.  I used my nesties to cut the gold mat and bottom layer, and decoupaged the Christmas sentiment.  This was a fun challenge!


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Off Beat Backgrounds, Musical Backgrounds, Text-It, Big Bloom - Poinsettias, Nutcracker Sweet, Very Vintage Christmas Set
Inks:  Versamark; Stampin' Up! - Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive, Certainly Celery
Spellbinders: Pinking Circles Sm (S4-172) # 4, Standard Circles Lg (S4-114) #4
Accessories: Card from stash

It's been a good morning - my hairdresser, Debbie, has been and trimmed my hair - looks great.  I do like the luxury of having Debbie come to my house.  And now, time to get back to the routine stuff in the house.  Hopefully, I'll be able to grab some time in the craft room this evening.  See you all later.  Have a good day.

13 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Great Christmas card Deborah...love the sentiment stamp.

Anne

Paula (PEP) said...

Your backgorund papers are very effective & I like how you used the same colours but added clear embossing for that sentiment panel.
Paula (PEP)

Renee said...

Beautiful papers...
love how you used the different sets to make such fabby papers!!
And your focal point is gorgeous...
love how you used the 2 colors...
gorgeous card!

Gerdine said...

Wow, what a mix of stamps did you use! Great idea and nice colors!

Kelly S. said...

Holy Moly, at first glance I thought those were patterned papers, Deborah! AMAZING stamping, and all of those images coordinate so well! Your vintage tag looks perfect, too!

Stella said...

Such a bright, happy and GORGEOUS take on traditional Christmas color. I love this card!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the way you stamped your own papers but it's a great design to use up scraps of DP too.

Sue Lelli said...

Wow! I thought those were patterned papers! LOVE this card! So CHEERFUL! And you are so LUCKY your hair stylist comes to your home! How spoiled are you!!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a beautiful Christmas card Deb! LOVE the patterned paper you created! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

Jeanne J. said...

Wow Deborah! I can appreciate all the thought that went into this one!! What a great idea! It's like you have 3 patterned papers from the same collection - very cool! Everything ties together perfectly! Lovely!

Julia Aston said...

What great stampings on your panels Deborah! love the colors on this too!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW!! The patterned paper you've made is absolutely amazing - they make perfect panels for your card - lovely colors too!

Jean Martin said...

Oooooh a Christmas card! Gorgeous!!!! Lovin' all the colors here! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...