Thursday 8 September 2011

Flower thanks ....

....  it's been a busy day here at Chez Frings!!!  I've been making quite a few cards, sadly I can't share some of them just yet!  Yes, I know I'm being a bit of a tease :)
















However, I can share this card with you - it's actually for two challenges - this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge - PDCC98 and for Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge - WMSC63 (I had another go at this one). 

I really like the colours from the Play Date Cafe and I kept the design clean and simple to allow the colours to shine through.  I've adapted Anya's sketch a bit!!  I had a hunt through my scraps drawer and found the perfect colours.  I cut strips of the mid-blue and used a border punch to add detail to the top and bottom strips.  I stamped the hibiscus flowers three times and cut layer and decoupaged them.  Finally I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to position the sentiment.


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Free Spirit  Boy, Fancy Phrases
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Night of Navy; Versafine - Onyx Black
Spellbinders:  Beaded Circles (S4-292) #2
Accessories:  Martha Stewart border punch, clear embossing powder, card from stash

That's all for now.  I'm off to watch Torchwood - a really good series.  See you all tomorrow.  You've still got a few hours to sign up for the Blog Candy.

19 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the colours of this & your hibiscus is gorgeous layered like that. This is a really effective interpretation of the WMS sketch.
Paula (PEP)

Vicky Hayes said...

That's a great sketch and the flowers really pop against the blue background.

Stamps and Paper said...

Love the sketch ad all the blue tones...
very pretty card

Anne

Kelly S. said...

What a sweet thank you note, Deborah! I love the cheerful blues and the gorgeous mini bouquet!

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card :o)
Jackie xx

Faye said...

Well, Deborah, the card that you can show us is really beautiful. I can't wait to see the ones you can't show us yet.

Cathy Weber said...

You are a bit of a tease, Deborah! Well, the card you can show us is gorgeous, the blue color with the cute punched edges. The hibiscus flower is gorgeous. Really nice take on the sketch!

Pauline said...

Really pretty card. Loved the colors on a great sketch.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

nice cards
Elma

Pauline said...

Lovely card, nice and clean and simple.

Clare said...

beautiful, love the colour combo and cluster of flowers! Thanks for joining us at the WMSC this week! : )

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Deb, this is so pretty and I love the yellow flowers with the blue background! I forget about those flowers and must dig them out!

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous, elegant card Deb. The colours are beautiful and that punched edge has a real wow factor. Hugs
Carol x

Lisa Elton said...

Love the way your pretty flowers pop against the blues!

Mynn xx said...

Such a fabulous card! Love the use of mostly blue with the pop of yellow--wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Liking your CAS card and our great use of colours:-)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oooh, i like that sketch, and the fabulous border punch you used, Deb! THanks for playing with us at THe Play Date CAfe!

Jaclyn Miller said...

That punch is gorgeous and love those pretty flowers. Thanks so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe this week.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful edge treatment and those hibiscus flowers are so pretty :) Thanks for playing this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...