Monday 12 September 2011

A toast to ...

... the happy couple!!!  This week's Less is More - LIM32 challenge is a one layer card - SEEING DOUBLE - by that, Chrissie and Mandi mean - they'd like to see two of something on the card. 

Tara posted a super tutorial showing how to make mirror images - and I really thought I'd be using that technique on my card.  However, after looking through my stamp catalogue, I found this lovely stamp - it's only seen ink twice before - once for the catalogue and once, several years ago, for an anniversary card for my sister. So it's time it saw ink again. 

I've made a very simple wedding card.  The champagne flutes brought to mind the toasts at a wedding reception.  I stamped the image in black versafine and embossed with clear powder, then added a little colour - it's champagne after all - and some sparkle too.  I think the sentiment is perfect for a wedding toast.


Stamps:  Papermania - A toast (PMA10088); See D's - Love, Love, Love (50152)
Ink:  Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories:  Card, Promarker - vanilla, clear embossing powder, glitter - all from stash

I didn't get chance to play in my craft room yesterday - I was rather busy sorting Kathryn out with her preparations for the school outward bound course.  Well, we got everything ready and to say that Kathryn was a excited is to understate it somewhat!!!  She went to bed okay, but took a while to fall asleep.  Then this morning, about 2.30am, Kathryn woke me up - one of her baby teeth was in the process of falling out - Kathryn doesn't like loose teeth!  It came out - the tooth fairy came - and Kathryn went to bed. 

This morning I walked Kathryn to school - the wind was blowing a gale - but it was surprisingly warm and the sun was shining.  I waited with the other parents and we waved the kids on their way at 9.30am this morning.  They'll have arrived at Nant by now and be settling in.  I do hope that the wind drops a bit - but if it stays warm and dry - that'll be good too.

That's all for now - see you soon.

23 comments:

Chrissie said...

This looks lovely Deborah, I love the touch of sparkle and I'm impressed that you have a stamp catalogue... I have some of mine in a file... but not all by any means... it's a really good idea so that you can keep tabs on what you have in your arsenal!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Pauline said...

Lovely CAS card, I like a bit of champers myself!

Anonymous said...

the words are great- never saw this and like it
Your card is great
Elma

jimlynn said...

Fabulous card!
Lynn

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card great sentiment..

Anne

Judy1223 said...

Oooh, Deborah, I LOVE this! Perfect wedding card (love the bubbly!!) and perfect for the LIM challenge, too!

Suze Bain said...

Love the sparkly bubbly! Super. xx

GinaA said...

Fabulous stamp, love the bubbles.

kingstonmama said...

Great wedding card. Your champagne flutes are perfect for the double challenge. Love the bit of sparkle on them. Ann

Mandi said...

Lovely card Deborah. I have this stamp and made a very similar card to this. May put it on my post for you to see

Thank you
Mandi
"Less is More"

Jenni's Jems said...

Really great card and those glasses are fab x

Vicky Hayes said...

What a beautiful image and a fabulous sentiment! Your daughter will have a wonderful time on her outward bound course but I'm sure you'll be missing her.

Beryl K said...

Gorgeous card Deborah
Beryl x

Paula (PEP) said...

Super image & superbly LIM. Had to give up in the garden - by the time I'd chased the debris bucket, then the kneeling mat followed by the debris from the bucket I realised I was beaten. Sounds an eventful night with the tooth fairy being busy.
Paula (PEP)

Jackie said...

Very classy card :o)
Jackie xx

Jenny said...

Very stylish and elegant Deborah, I love the touch of glitter too :)
I bet Kathyrn will have a fab time, I remember the activity holidays our school ran :)
Jenny x

Jeanne J. said...

I love that your champagne is sparkly!!! Just the perfect touch of glimmer!

Viv said...

Could you come round and sort out my stamps into a file please?!! I spend longer looking for the ones I know I have somewhere than actually stamping! LOL
This is a great card - the champagne flutes are brill and you can almost feel the up your nose bubbles!!! LOL

massofhair said...

Very elegant and classy card :-)

Canonbury creations said...

Lovely simple wedding card Deborah, I'm in awe of your stamp catalogue!
Val x

Carol said...

Very elegant Deborah, love the touch of glitter. Bet your daughter's having a ball but no doubt you're missing her. Carol x

Aileen said...

Lovely card for the challenge and the little bit of sparkle is super. x

Cath Wilson said...

Perfect image to use :-) Lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...