Wednesday 28 September 2011

Let it snow ....

... you've probably guessed from the title that this is a Christmas card - and you wouldn't be wrong.  I've made this one for the current Jingle Belles - JB39 - challenge entitled "Here comes Suzy Snowflake".  The Jinglettes would like us to make a card based on the song "Suzy Snowflake" - an oldie sung by Rosemary Clooney - I've just listened to it and it has a real old Christmas feel!  I put the lyrics at the bottom of the post if you want to read them.  For my card - I've focused on the verse about making a snowman - with lots of snowflakes around!

Both the snowman image and the backing paper are from Chocolate Baroque (Elusive Images that was).  I printed the snowflake paper in various shades, but settled on the blue for this card - I have sheet of pink and green snowflakes to play with soon.  The snowman was coloured with Promarkers.


Stamps: Chocolate Baroque (Elusive Images) - Snow is Falling; Waltzingmouse - Compliments of the Season
Inks:  Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Chocolate Baroque (Elusive Images) - Season's Greetings CD
Spellbinders: Labels Four (S4-190) #6, Labels Four Sm (S4-309) #6
Accessories:  Kanban - Snowflakes stickers; Mirri card, glitter, Promarkers from stash

It's mad here - the sun is shining, the sky is bright blue and it's so warm - it feels like summer!  And I've just made a cool blue Christmas card - as I said mad!!!!  Below are the lyrics from Suzy Snowflake - enjoy!
Here comes Suzy Snowflake
Dressed in a snow-white gown
Tap, tap, tappin' at your windowpane
To tell you she's in town.
Here comes Suzy Snowflake
Soon you will hear her say
Come out ev'ryone and play with me
I haven't long to stay.
If you want to make a snowman
I'll help you make it, one, two, three.
If you want to take a sleigh ride
Whee! The ride's on me.
Here comes Suzy Snowflake
Look at her tumblin' down
Bringing joy to ev'ry girl and boy
Suzy's come to town.
If you want to make a snowman
I'll help you make it, one, two, three
If you want to take a sleigh ride
Whee! The ride's on me.
Here comes Suzy Snowflake
Look at her tumblin' down
Bringing joy to ev'ry girl and boy
Suzy's come to town.

After my early morning post I did manage to get some sleep - and bizarrely actually feel more awake now than usual.  I suspect I may pay for it later.  Still, while the sun is shining and the day is lovely - I'm going to get the washing finished.  Joy!!  See you soon.

11 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

Well that song is definately a new on me! Great interpretation of it and a great card.
Tara x

Anonymous said...

such sweet little snowman
Elma

Stamps and Paper said...

A very cute snowman but I defeinately haven't heard that song before!

Anne

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the colouring of your snowman & his deep blue background. Brilliant sunshine here too & the Jackdaws are having a conference in the woodland.
Paula (PEP)

SmilynStef said...

Love those elegant snowflake stickers .... and how cute is that snowman in his warm little hat ... so glad you joined our fun (love Jinglettes :)

Pauline said...

What a sweet christmas card! love that snowman, and all those flakes!

Jeanne J. said...

OMG Deb! First I love your snowman and that cute hat - but you flipped me when I saw the lyrics for Suzie Snowflake - I am transformed to a 5 year old version of myself looking out the window as the snow falls and singing that song - wondering if one of the snowflakes looks like a girl named Suzie. SIGH.....

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Deborah, I like the snowman and the lovely snowflakes, I have to say I dont remember the song.
Kevin xx

Marie said...

Wonderful winter card. Thanks to the trip down memory lane...love Rosemary's version of Suzy Snowflake. A small part of her song was made into an animated short that would be shown on TV every winter. (similar to today's commercials)

Marie Bingaman said...

Well, he sure looks like a jolly fella! :)

lauren bergold said...

oooooooooooh he is a ♥COOL♥ dude... in every sense of the word! definitely a worthy suitor for "suzy snowflake" i think! lovely card, miss deborah, as usual! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...