Thursday 22 September 2011

OLW - sentiment-a-mania ....

... this week's OLW challenge is being hosted by Jennifer at Styles Ink - OLW65 - Sentiment-a-mania - Jennifer would like us to make a one layer card with the focus on the sentiment, or at least must share the focus equally with any image!  I really like this idea - I do have a number of rather lovely sentiment/verse stamps, but I don't seem to use them as much as I should - so here goes.

I've kept the card really simple - the verse is an Irish Blessing - it's just gorgeous.  Stamped in green!!


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Celtic Heritage, Irish Blessings
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Garden Green (verse), Memento - Bamboo Leaves - images
Accessories:  Card from stash

The card is reasonably small, just 4" × 4" and has a subtle texture to it.  It's a simple card, but it took ages to decide where to put everything - I've got a pile of cheap paper in the bin - all with layouts that didn't quite work! 

And I'm also going to submit this to Less is More - LIM33 - Anything CAS Goes 1,000 challenge - at the time of typing this there are 545 entries.  The deadline for LIM is 10pm on Friday 23rd October - so there's still time to get some cards made for this challenge - but I'm not sure whether it's going to reach 1,000 entries!!  But this is one more for now! 

Before I sign off for the evening - I must share with you the lovely card that I got from Gay (Mustavecoffee) - it arrived today.  Gay won my Blogoversary Candy earlier this month - and she made me a super card - the birds are so sweet!  Oh yes, Gay was also kind enough to enclose a little pack stuffed with goodies - which will appear soon!


Thanks Gay - this is lovely!

And that's all for now - I'm off to play in my craft room - still have to finish Kathryn's thank you cards, and play with a couple of challenges too.  See you tomorrow!

17 comments:

Pauline said...

What a beautiful verse. I haven't see it before. Lovely card. TFS
Hugs

Tara Cardwell said...

well the final layout is just perfect!

Jeanne J. said...

Deb, what a rough challenge! You did it though, and you did it well! The sentiment takes center stage and is beautifully highlighted by the side border and the little bunch of clover. This really gives your card a clean look.

Mandi said...

They are both fabulous Deborah
Many thanks once more
Mandi
LIM

Chrissie said...

These are great Deborah!
Love the first one particularly!
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

GinaA said...

A Beautiful card well worth the effort. Fab stamps

G Peplow said...

Hi Deborah, I love your card, the sentiment is worthy of centre stage and you've designed the card beautifully with a celtic swirl and shamrock, perfect!!
Thank you for the shout, did you see I've used some of my gorgeous pearls, oh yeah!! Thanks again, Gay xxx

Jenny said...

Gorgeous verse Deborah, love the celtic theme :)
I use scrap paper to work out my placement or acetate works well too.
Jenny x

Susan said...

What a great card, Deborah!! Love that quote...and the arrangement looks fab to me! I totally understand wasting a lot of paper..but I finally quit using card stock for trial and error, now I use old scrap paper that I've cut to size.

Rosemary said...

your OLW card is lovely, deborah! what a neat blessing... the card gay sent you is so sweet!

Paula (PEP) said...

I've just purchased some stamps with "wordings" with the express intention of working outside my comfort zone so your post & example is very timely indeed. I can imagine the planning of where to place it all was not a simple/quick task! The result is very effective.
Paula (PEP)

Mynn xx said...

Oh, I love the shamrocks! Beautiful cards, Deb!!! Stunning coloring on the second one! I think the first is my favorite, though. :)

Susan Hogan said...

Great cards Deb - and I love the rodent one - very elegant.

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh I just love your Irish blessing card Deborah! The single colour ink and the perfect placement of everything - all perfect! And what a lovely card to receive from the lovely Gay too!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love those little chicks!

Carol said...

Your card is just spectacular, Deb! Love, Love, LOVE it! The verse is wonderful and the simple images support it so well without overwhelming it. Perfect in every way!

Cheryl said...

Hi Deborah, Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your card is perfect for this challenge. What a wonderful sentiment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...