Monday 12 September 2011

Camera club ....

.... with Kathryn being away tonight, it means that I can go to Camera Club with Jonathan - and I get to join this year too.  I'm very much a beginner and will be gathering hints and tips from everyone.   Tonight is the first proper meeting of the new club year - the guys meet over the summer, but it's much less formal - in a local pub!!

Tonight will be a bit different from the usual meetings - which are either presentations, talks or competitions - as it's the Chairman's 50th birthday.  After the official business has been concluded, we're off out for a party.  So I've made a special card for Chris - and, obviously, I gone for a photography theme.


Stamps:  Creative Expression - Vintage Photography; Hobby Art - Happy Birthday (GR1853C)
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Not Quite Navy, Old Olive
Spellbinders:  Lattice Rectangles (S4-319) #4, Standard Rectangles Lg (S4-132)
Accessories:  Stampin' Up! card and card base from stash

I like this set of vintage photography images - I know that the guys all use digital SLRs now - but they don't look so nice on cards!!  I opted for subtle, sort of vintage colours - stamping a selection of the images directly on the base card.  I cut the lattice rectangle from some matching card and cut a layer of the green to go just inside the die cut border, stamping more images green on green.  Finally, the birthday sentiment was cut using another nestie and this time I used the fourth impression to give a softer, more subtle image.  The actual birthday greeting was the first impression. 

The weather's not been too bad today.  It's still incredibly windy, with some very strong gusts, but the sun's out and it's really quite warm - so hopefully Kathryn's first day at her adventure has been okay.  But we don't get to find out until she comes home. 

Before I go, I'd like to say hello and welcome to some new Blog Friends - Elena, Diane J, Terri, Maphwka (sorry don't have the right alphabet), Beam and Cheryl - glad you joined me.   That's all for this evening.  See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Pauline said...

A great card for a guy keen on photography, I like these vintage images too!
Looking forward to seeing your new pics on your new camera!

Vicky Hayes said...

I like the way you used the images and the card is perfect for the Camera Club chairman! Enjoy the party!

Paula (PEP) said...

As I've said before you do come up with some very original ideas & this is a superb example. Love the tone on tone stamping & that internal green border teamed with the blue.
Paula (PEP)

Lana said...

Beautiful card! I love how you "splash" the images!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...