Tuesday 13 September 2011

Jingle Belles ....

... this week's challenge at Jingle Belles - JB37 - is to make one of the following:

make a freestanding (2.5 x 3.5") Xmas-themed Artist Trading Card

OR

add an ATC-sized element to your holiday card
OR
incorporate a playing card into your design
OR
use a recycled Xmas card (or an element from
one!) on your (newly made) holiday card!
Initially, I thought of making a playing card using Sue's card as inspiration - it's a fabulous idea, but I just couldn't get it to work for me.  So I decided to make an ATC- sized element for my card instead. 

I cut a blank card to size - 2.5" × 3.5" - and then decorated with scraps from my drawer.  I found a lovely bit of paper with Christmas trees and snowflakes on it.  First I cut out the snowy sky out for the background and added some fantasy film which I ripped to make some snowy hills.   Then I cut out individual trees and stuck them randomly on the card.  I also found a scrap of plum vellum in my scrap box and cut out a fancy tag onto which I stamped the sentiment.  Finally I stamped a few additional snowflakes on the card and added some silver peel off snowflakes too.  I stamped some lovely winter flourishes onto the card base - using two different shades of purple to coordinate with the ATC-sized element!  Quite pleased with this one.


Stamps:  Kanban - Christmas selection
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant; Versamark; Stazon - Black
Spellbinders:  Fancy Tags (S4-235)
Accessories:  Clear embossing powder, peel offs, paper scraps and card from stash

That's all for now - I'm off for a facial this morning - sheer indulgence!!!  See you later.

13 comments:

Jackie said...

Good morning Deborah, a lovely small topper/atc, love those trees and the swirls are fab :o)
Jackie xx

Norma said...

Hi Deborah, WOW!! beautiful:) I hope you get a chance to stop by and enter my giveaway!! Have a fabulous Tuesday:)
Hugs
Norma

SmilynStef said...

What an awesome winter wonderland ... love those colors ... so glad you joined our jingle belles fun.

lauren bergold said...

and so you OUGHT TO BE 'quite pleased' with this one, missus! you should, in fact, be *THRILLED*! because you have made some awesome cards this year, but THIS might actually be my very ♥FAVORITE♥!!! i love the colors, i love those sweet trees, i love the torn hills, i love the card you built behind the ATC... i just love the whole thing! A LOT!!! ♥! :)

Jeanne J. said...

Deborah - I am always afraid of the ATCs because of their size. I can't believe all the goodies you got on your card! GORGEOUS!

Paula (PEP) said...

The stamped swirls really tie the ATC element to the whole card & I like your snowy hills.
Paula (PEP)

Marie Bingaman said...

Wow, you sure packed alot into such a little space! It looks great! :)

Vicky Hayes said...

What a great festive card Deborah - full of movement!

Jenny said...

What a great card idea to use an ATC on it,love your swirly border :)
Jenny x

June Houck said...

You knew just what to do for this challenge…love those trees, Deborah :)

Sue C said...

Wonderful card! I love the ATC (it looks like the back of a playing card, only prettier), and the card itself is just so pretty! I'm going to have to play around with elements like this and see if I can do half as well... Thanks for the inspiration!

laury55 said...

great card...love the colors

KatheD said...

fabulous card - love the swirly, purpley, snowy brilliance of it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...