Friday 28 October 2011

Craft time ....

....  it's been a good morning.  I've been able to play in my craft room and make a card for the current Ribbon Reel - RR13 challenge.  Clare has selected the inspiration photo - and it's really gorgeous, soft, pretty pastels and lovely flowers. 


I decided to make a wedding card - replacing the ones that my Mum had when she last went home.   I started off by embossing a border for the side of my card and I added some colour by gently rubbing pads over the embossed areas.  I matted the embossing onto some pale yellow and pale pink pearly card.  Next I used some of my borrowed nesties to cut out a crown-oval onto which I coloured with inks.  I found this lovely bride and groom stamp in my stash - and I think the last time it saw ink was about 3 years ago - inked up with Versamark and used detail gold powder.  I painted the groom's jacket with the same colour that I used on the oval, and painted his trousers with Twinkling H2Os.  For the bride, I lay down a thin layer of glue and added lots of sparkly glitter.  I tinted the flowers to match the inks used on the embossed panel, added a suitable sentiment and then tied a triple bow using all the colours in the card.



Stamps:  Anita's - Bride & Groom; Sentiment - free with magazine
Inks:  Memento - Angel Pink, Canteloupe; Stampin' Up! - Pool Party
Spellbinders:  Crown Ovals (S4-303) #4
Accessories:  Cuttlebug folder - Love's in the Air set of 6; Flowers, gem brads, ribbon and card from stash

The layout is based on last week's Just Add Ink challenge - sadly I missed the deadline for this one - such a pretty layout.

It's turned out to be absolutely beautiful here today - the sun is shining, but it's a bit cool.  However, that doesn't stop the children going out to play.  Kathryn was out earlier this morning with her friends, but it's lunch time now and all has stopped for food!!  She'll be out playing again this afternoon - making the most of the weather.  Ben, on the other hand, is being a proper teenager - he's still in bed, despite me trying to get him up four times!! 

Before I go, I must welcome a new follower - Dayna Sabrina - Hi, so pleased that you decided to join me.  And that's all for now - I'm off to get some lunch!

9 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Deborah...like how you have coloured your embossed edge..I like this image and I also have it tucked away in one of my cupboards.

Anne

Kary said...

What a lovely card, Deborah!! Gorgeous design and love the sparkle on the bride. Have a marvellous day!

Jenny said...

Beautiful use of the colours in the photo Deborah, love her sparkling gown :)
Jenny x

Lynne said...

Great card Deborah, love all the sparkle on the brides dress.
Lynne xxx

Sasha said...

This is a lovely card, Deborah. I like the technique you used to colour your embossed edge, and the flowers...very effective:)

Pauline said...

This is a very pretty wedding card Deborah, love the embossed panel and the shimmery dress. Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

Oscar said...

Beautiful card Deborah, love the embossed panel and the colours are perfect for our challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight.

Vicky Hayes said...

This is such a special celebratory card Deborah. I love the colours and the glittery bride. It sounds like you're having a lovely time with your children. Don't worry about Ben lying in - I read a report somewhere recently that teenage boys in particular need loads of sleep!

Clare said...

Beautiful, love the shimmer effect! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...