Friday 28 October 2011

Red and white ....

... I've just been checking my dashboard and found that Susan has posted details of this week's One layer Wednesday - OLW70 challenge.  It's a fun one - Susan simply wants us to make a card using Red and White or Red and Cream.    As soon as I saw the challenge, I knew that it was the perfect reason to ink up my lovely new Nordic Winter set from Waltzingmouse Stamps.  It's as clean and simple as it gets, and was very quick to make.  Oh yes, I should say thanks to Susan as I totally CASEd the layout of her card :)


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Nordic Winter
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Real Red
Accessories:  Card from stash

Please excuse the quality of the picture, I scanned it as I'm about to go out for dinner and don't have time to play with the camera!!  Also, I've just noticed that the sentiment is not straight!!!  Darn!!!!  That'll teach me to rush things.  I'll have another play tomorrow - the colour scheme is perfect for this stamp set!  Reminds me of jumpers I had as a child :) 

That's all for now.  See you tomorrow!

17 comments:

Jennifer Styles said...

Ooooo, I like it!

Tara Cardwell said...

It's great Deborah - very Noel Edmonds ;-)
Tara x

Maja said...

Great card! Love the shade of red, it's perfect for this set of stamps.

Judy1223 said...

Oh My GOODNESS...this card is FABULOUS! Can I just say I LOVE it?!?!

Susan Raihala said...

You were Deborah on the spot for this challenge, whipping out this beauty in record time. LOVE that set and what you did with it!!!!

Paula (PEP) said...

Reminds me of Scandinavian embroidered pillowcases, tablecloths & sheets that my forebears had.
Paula (PEP)

Pauline said...

This is a fab CAS card, love the red against the white.

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card :o)
Jackie xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful Christmas card....red and white are always stunning together

Anne

Vicky Hayes said...

Wow - reminds me of all those gorgeous Christmas woollies!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

A very fun card. It makes me think of scarves and mittens.

Anne said...

Gorgeous stamps and perfect for this challenge, such a beautiful card
Anne
x

Donelda said...

a perfect stamp set to use for this challenge!! awesome!!

kingstonmama said...

This is beautiful, Deborah. Those Nordic images are perfect in red, and so festive! :) Ann

Mynn xx said...

Oooo! This turned out fabulously! LOVE the cross stitch look of it all!

Jenny said...

You beat me to it Deborah, I had this set in mind when I saw the challenge :)
Love how you used the stamps...I had jumpers like that too and it's all back in fashion again!!
Jenny x

Susan said...

Another beauty! I thought I liked the white on red better but now I'm not sure. This one is really pretty too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...