Thursday 20 October 2011

Waltzingmouse sketch challenge ....

....  the sketch for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge - WMSC69 - is really fun.



My first thought was - a witch's hat!!!  And off I went to make a witch's hat.  But I thought about it a little more and ended up with something entirely different.  I remembered the lovely tall hats and veils worn by women in Medieval times  and decided to do a birthday princess version of that!



I started off by stamping the ornate vintage banner and cutting it out with the matching nestie.  I die cut some vellum and a snowflake to go into the circle on the banner and added some gems.  Next I found some pink shimmery fabric from my stash and made a ribbon to go along the base of the hat and added some to the apex as the veil.  I covered the base of the card with dark lilac card and added a castle and princess carriage that I'd cut out of a matching sheet of paper.  I attached the hat and veil to the card, added some roses and a simple birthday greeting.  A card fit for a princess!


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Vintage Banners, Eat Cake
Inks: Brilliance - Twilight; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Spellbinders:  Nested Pennants (S5-028), Classic Inverted Scallped Circles Sm (S4-1950 #2, 2010 Snowflake Pendant (S4-286)
Acessories:  Paper - Best Creation Inc - Once Upon A Dream; Fabric, rose, card and gems from stash

When I showed this card to Kathryn - she said that it was lovely and would be perfect for a six year old!!  Don't you hate it when they grow up so fast!!  So I guess I'll make a box for this one - far too much depth to go in an envelope - and keep it for one of Kathryn's younger friends! 

That's all for now - I'm off to sort out the kitchen and utility rooms and get everything back in order.  See you later.

20 comments:

Jackie said...

A beautiful card, so pretty. I do like your thought processes :o)
Jackie xx

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh clever you! I really like your take on the sketch Deborah.......Good Luck!

Stamps and Paper said...

Brilliant take on the sketch...lovely card

Anne

Deb Hickman said...

Such a pretty card, I love the way your mind works, great idea.xxxx

Tara Cardwell said...

What a great interpretation of the sketch - such a clever twist on the obvious witches hat!
Tara x

Janine Rachau said...

How sweet! And, those little flowers are darling on the princess hat!

Pat said...

Really creative take on the challenge. Great job!

Kelly S. said...

This is so sweet, Deborah! I just love your idea. The shimmering floaty fabric piece is so lovely. You chose the perfect banner to make this, and the roses and heart gem are too sweet! Some little girl will be smiling from ear to ear after she gets this card fit for a princess!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant Deborah, a great twist to that sketch, beautiful card.
Kevin xx

Basement Stamper said...

Love the darling princess hat, very cute!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty Deborah. Love the colors, the flowers... great take on the sketch challenge. :o)

Donna said...

Pretty card Deborah and such a neat idea :) Donna ♥ x

Lana said...

Wow! This is great idea Deb! Love the hat! So pretty!))

Paula (PEP) said...

Superbly inventive interpretation of the Challenge. I'm getting to wonder what you will come up with next.
love the colours & textures.
Paula (PEP)

Renee said...

How clever to turn it into a princess hat...
love it! :)
And it's heartbreaking that they grow too fast...
wasn't it just yesterday that they were babies?

Sharron said...

A princess hat--how clever! And it is so adorable--love the colors and flowers. A perfect card for some lucky little real-life princess!

Pauline said...

What a fab make Deborah, such a gorgeous card, perfect for a princess!

Cathy Weber said...

Wow, and all I saw was a witch's hat! I love the little castle in the background and all that sparkle on this one Deb. Great and creative take on the sketch.

JJ Bolton said...

Aww, how sweet! I'm totally going to CASE this card for my niece. She's 3 and loves to play princess:) Lovely card Deb!

Savitri said...

Very cute card! The hat is too sweet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...