Monday 3 October 2011

It's getting to feel like Christmas ....

... well, that might be a bit of an exaggeration!!  But I was busy in my craft room yesterday afternoon making some Christmas ornaments for the tree.  This week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge - WMSC67 is great - a plain bauble shape - so many possibilities. 


I decided to be quite literal in my interpretation of the sketch - no card - just an ornament for this year's Christmas tree.  I knew exactly what I wanted to make. 


I cut two copper snowflakes using the 2011 snowflake pendant.  On the inside of one die cut I attached some thread and then I glued both dies together.  Then I stamped two sets of holly leaves and berries.  I cut them all out and used my glue pen to go over them and added lots of glitter.  Then I attached a set of leaves and berries to each side of the ornament.  Simple but really beautiful.  The photo does not do it justice - I'll try to get a better one tomorrow - in natural light!

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Festive Foliage
Inks:  Distress - Pine Needles, Barn Door
Spellbinders: 2011 Snowflake Pendant (S5-054)
Accessories:  Thread and glitter

On my CR84FN post - which was prepared yesterday - I commented on the wonderful weather.  Well, it's been a bit different today!!  It's still very warm but we've lost the sunshine - in fact it's actually been raining.  The weather forecast is for fine weather today and tomorrow - so here's hoping!!  That's all for now.  I'll be back later - I'm off to craft class this morning.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

like your creation!
Elma

Pauline said...

Lovely ornament Deb, it looks like it's made of wood! Love those glittery Holly leaves, so festive! This will look marvellous in your tree! We had a glorious day here in Berkshire, made the most of it with a BBQ, the last one if the year I expect! Xx

Jackie said...

Beautiful bauble, I love it :)
Jackie

Paula (PEP) said...

Super & very pretty with the dark meallic background. We have sunshine - quite a bit of very warm drizzle yesterday but it brightened up.
Paula (PEP)

Lynn Mercurio said...

GORGEOUS!

Kelly S. said...

Oh WOW! That copper snowflake is absolutely stunning! Can't believe it's cut from a die, WOW again! The sparkly holly is the perfect centerpiece!!!

Inkyfingers said...

Deborah, I love that rich copper snowflake and it will look fabulous on your Christmas tree.
Hugs
Carol x

Jeanne J. said...

Deb, Sooo pretty! Love the copper color and the dimension it has.

Vicky Hayes said...

How clever! The two die cuts glued together are so effective and I love the sparkly holly.

Jenny said...

Beautiful Deborah, lovely home decor pieces for Christmas :)
Jenny x

Sue said...

Another beauty. Sue.x

Cathy Weber said...

This is going to look so gorgeous on your Christmas tree! I love that copper color and with those really sparkly holly leaves, just beautiful. Really a good one Deborah!

Edna Morrisedie said...

How sweet is this, I love the glittering foliage, thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

JJ Bolton said...

Note to self...get a snowflake die and metallic foil:)

Your ornament is beautiful! I'm sure it's even more stunning in person! TFS and have a great weekend!

Helen Berry said...

Wow, you've made me want to go and make one of these right away!! Really lovely ornament that I'm sure you'll enjoy for lots of Christmasses to come!!

Jean Martin said...

Wow! This is such a great idea Deb!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...