Wednesday 19 October 2011

Cocktail time ....

.... it's happy hour over at Less is More - LIM37 - this week.  Chrissie and Mandi have given us the theme of COCKTAILS for this week's card - now we can interpret that as we like - be literal, take the colours of cocktails as the inspiration for your card or run with your imagination!

I did try to be creative and run with my imagination, but with all the decorating and tidying going on in my house at the moment, my mojo is a bit thin on the ground.  So I decided to go with a literal take on the challenge and I've made a birthday card.


I printed Lola Rose onto directly onto my card and then cut her out using my nesties.  I added some colour with distress inks and layered the image onto gold holographic card - which, amazingly, shows up really well in this photo!!!  I cut the sentiment out with my banner nestie and again layered onto holographic card.  I printed a second image of Lola Rose and coloured her clothes and bag using Promarkers, cut them out and attached them to the main image.  Finally, for a bit of glamour, I added some feathers behind the sentiment and a large cocktail to toast the birthday girl!

Image:  Pink Petticoat - Lola Rose (discontinued)
Spellbinders:  Wonky Rectangles (S4-306) # 6, Nested Lacey Pennants (S5-029)
Promarkers:  Denim Blue, Midnight Blue, Cerise, Pale Pink, Satin, Bright Green
Accessories:  Feathers, card and glitter from stash

Here's a close up of the sentiment - it's fun!



Today the decorators are painting my kitchen and family room - which means I can't get in there to do the ironing - great excuse not to do it!!  Later today I'm off to the school Harvest Festival - Year 5 (Kathryn's class) lead the service - so I think there may be a proud mum moment later today!! 

Finally, I decided to have a play with the cocktail personality quiz that Chrissie and Mandi shared with us - here's what it says today:

You Are Made Of Intuition, Compassion, and Brilliance



3 parts Intuition
2 parts Compassion
1 part Brilliance

And a Splash of Style

Serve over ice
  

I like that one!  That's all for now.

11 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

Not seen these digi's before - at first glance I thought she was a bella. She's cute and the sentiment is genius - will remember that one!
Tara x

Paula (PEP) said...

Your gold holographic mounting is quite amazing - so effective. We're still mid decorating but R is doing all the painting himself.
Paula (PEP)
Hope the Proud Mum survives without tears!

Jenni's Jems said...

Really great card and love the sentiment - must use it in the future x

Jeanne J. said...

So True, So True... Great sentiment - love this fun card and that little sparkly glass with the feathers!

Chrissie said...

You seem to be a very upmarket cocktail Deborah!
Your card is fab those particular Spellbinders are great.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Vicky Hayes said...

What a fun card! I love the sentiment and the glitzy cocktail.

Stamps and Paper said...

Great card and a really fun image also like the shape of your main image.

Anne

Sally said...

A fab card & a great image. Love the feather.
Sally x

Jenny said...

Love this sassy image Deborah, cute feather embellishment too :)
Jenny x

My name is Wynneth said...

Oooo I love this Deborah ! What a fabulous image dahlink ! Really great design, I just love those wonky rectangles. Must remember that sentiment it would be perfect for some of my lovely friends LOL
hugs
wynneth
x

Mandi said...

Fabulous card DEborah
Terrific colouring
Love the sophistication of your cocktail
thank you
Mandi LIM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...