Monday 31 October 2011

Red and white, V2 ....

.... hi all, it's been a busy day.  I took Jonathan to the airport this morning and he is now en route to Detroit.  His plane is scheduled to land in Detroit at 16.50 hrs (US time) that's 9.50pm our time.  Once Jonathan clears customs and immigration he has to pick up his hire car - to say that he wasn't keen on driving on the right-hand side would be an understatement.  Still, he's done it before, so it will come back to him.  I don't think we're going to get chance to talk until Wednesday - Jonathan has to get a new power lead for his PC!!!

And this afternoon I've been carving a pumpkin!  I should have done it yesterday, but was getting Jonathan's stuff ready for packing.  Kathryn picked a nice easy design and I've managed to get it carved out okay!  It's not brilliant, but it's not too bad.  At the moment, Kathryn and her friends are all in fancy dress and are out "Trick or Treating" - there's a group of seven of them!!  Fortunately I have a good supply of sweets on hand!

But I did manage to get a bit of time in my craft room after Kathryn left - and I've done another card for One Layer Wednesday - OLW70, which is being hosted by Susan at Simplicity.  Susan wants us to make a clean and simple card using only red and white or red and cream.  I made a white and red card for this challenge last Friday - here!!  And this weekend I realised that I wanted to make the negative - so this time I've gone for a red and white card - a red card base and white embossing - the layout and stamps are exactly the same.


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Nordic Winter
Inks:  Versamark
Accessories: Detail white embossing powder and card from stash

I really like the card white on red - it's really bold and bright.  And best of all, the sentiment is straight!!

That's all for now.  I plan of playing in my craft room this evening, so I will have a card, or two, to share tomorrow!  See you then.

7 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Sstrikingly different in the negative - but this is my favourite of the two.
Paula (PEP)

Marta said...

Both are great! I love this nordic stamp.

Susan said...

Beautiful Deborah! I love it both ways!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a great design Deborah - both ways!

Jenny said...

oooo you brave girl you, embossing white on red...brilliantly done I might add :)
Great design.
Jenny x

librariane said...

Neat! That looks fantastic--and I think I agree that the red base looks better!

Kathy Mc said...

Deb, the white embossing on red is very striking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...