Wednesday 5 October 2011

A one for three .....

... I've been playing in my nice clean craft room, making a card for three challenges.  I'm trying to get as many challenges into one card as possible - as I'm going to have a lot less time in my craft room soon.  Sob!!  We're having the house decorated starting next week, so I'm going to be spending a lot of time getting rooms ready for the decorators and then tidying up afterwards!!  Still, it'll be worth it in the end.

This card has been made for the following challenges:






    CAS-ual Fridays - CFC22 - feeling loopy












    Clean and Simple - FTL160 - sketch






    Less is More - LIM35 - colour challenge - THE COLOUR OF YOUR EYES



    Earlier this week I got Jonathan to take a photo of my eyes - just so that I could check the colour.  I've got green eyes, not brilliant emerald green (although I'd like that), but a softer, more subtle green.  And since looking closely at Jonathan's photo, I realise that I have a dark grey edge to my iris and  subtle yellow/gold flecks at the pupil edge.  I guess, I should say I've got hazel eyes!!


    I really like the idea of basing the colour on our eyes - and I have the perfect stamp too!  I stamped the image twice - one I cut out using my nestie and then added shading around the edge, the other I coloured some of the flowers and cut them out to layer.  Once I'd assembled the image and mat, I added some very sticky tape to the bottom edge on the back and attached loops of ribbon - all in shades of green and gold/yellow.  I've adapted the sketch by turning it through 90° and I've opted for a smaller sentiment as I didn't want to over power the image.


    Stamps: Funstamps - Flower Face (FM216); My Paper World - Borders and Motifs
    Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Basic Grey, Wild Wasabi, Certainly Celery, So Saffron; Versamark
    Spellbinders:  Classic Rectangles Lg (S4-132) #5, Classic Rectangles Sm (S4-130) #5
    Accessories:  Card, sentiment and ribbons from stash

    Now, I'm going to finish my craft room - just got a bit more sorting and tidying to do and then it done.  For now!!!  I'm having a very large skip delivered shortly so that I can start to sort out our rooms.  It's amazing just how much stuff you accumulate over the years, and our garage is full of empty cardboard boxes, and stuff that's broken and I've not removed.  So, I'm going to be very, very busy over the next few weeks!  That said, I'm still going to find time to play!  See you tomorrow!

    29 comments:

    Stamps and Paper said...

    A really stunning card Deborah...love how you have placed the flowers around the eye...

    Anne

    Tara Cardwell said...

    Your eyes are a fabulous colour! I've always wanted green eyes - they always seemed more unusual and exotic than blue.

    I love your card - particulary the loops, that is such an interesting way to use ribbon on a card and could jazz up lots of simple designs. I may be "borrowing" that idea later ;-)

    Have fun with your skip and decorating - I don't envy you the hastle but I bet the finished project will be worth it.

    Tara x

    Maarit at Violets Corner said...

    You have beautiful eyes Deborah. Love the card, especially the fabby ribbon loops.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    Anonymous said...

    Fabulous card!

    Elma

    Pauline said...

    Gorgeous card Deborah, that stamp is so pretty, and the inking is a perfect match! Have fun decorating!

    Sue said...

    Wow, Deb,what an amazing card. I love it. Great shading around the image and love the ribbon detail. You have the same colour eyes as me and although green isn't my favourite colour in crafting, I don't mind it for my eyes. Sue.

    (good luck with the decorators, I hope it looks fab when it's finished.)

    G Peplow said...

    Hi Deborah, Pretty card and pretty eyes, nice colouring, Gay xxx

    kingstonmama said...

    So pretty. Love the sponging and coloring, as well as the colors of those ribbons.

    Lynne said...

    Gorgeous card Deborah. My Mum and two of my children have green eyes, I was always so envious.
    Lynne xxx

    Chrissie said...

    What lovely shades of green in this fab card Deborah!
    You certainly have lots of colours in your eyes too!
    Super job!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    Carol said...

    What a fabulous card and fun blog post, Deborah! Love the picture of your eye and how your card mimics your pic!

    Paula (PEP) said...

    This is a very striking stamp & your green theme with it makes it even more so. Love those ribbons & fibres - very effective & tactile - pikcing up on your eyelashes with the wispy fronds.
    Paula (PEP)

    Michele Gross said...

    Beautiful! Love all the gorgeous ribbons you used :) Glad you had fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    Vicky Hayes said...

    Your eyes are definitely green - lucky you! What a perfect image to use for this week's challenge!

    Jenny said...

    Thee perfect stamp for the LIM challenge :) Gorgeous greens and love the ribbon tabs too :)
    Re-decorating sounds more exciting if someone else is doing it :)
    Jenny x

    Buffy said...

    Superb card Debs
    Buf x

    Rosemary said...

    what a fun card, deb! love all the ribbons and that image is fabulous!

    Jackie said...

    Fabulous card, I love the greens :o)
    Jackie xx

    Mandi said...

    Aren't our eyes similar Deborah!
    Suepr card, terrific stamp, as you say perfect!

    Thank you
    Mandi LIM

    Jaclyn Miller said...

    Perfect stamp choice - love that the colors match your eyes. Fabulous bits of ribbon too. Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

    Laura Davis said...

    Very pretty!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    Bonnie said...

    What beautiful eyes and a very creative card!

    Jayne A said...

    Stunning card.

    Jayne
    x

    Jean said...

    What a fabulous stamp! and a beatiful card. I love the greens. Jean x

    Anonymous said...

    Beautiful focal image, love those ribbon loops :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    Cheryl said...

    Wow Deborah! Your card is stunning and so artsy! I love the ribbon treatment.

    Pauline said...

    What a wonerful card. Love the colors and the ribbons. What a great idea.

    Jen Cuthbertson said...

    Your eyes are such a pretty color, Deb, and I love the pic you took of it! Your card is so pretty and I love those layered flowers!! Great job!

    Viv said...

    This is such a pretty card Deborah I just love the green colour too. We are also sorting 'stuff' in our house...it never ends does it :O)

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...