Sunday 23 October 2011

CR84FN41 - good to see you ....

... it's almost the end of October, and for me this month has simply flown by!  And it's time for our new colour challenge - CR84FN41 - steel blue, grey (silver) and yellow - so different to our last colours.
 

Our inspiration photos are courtesy of Creative Mint and they are just super.  I love the swatches on the left and they are sort of the inspiration for my card.  I felt the colours would make a great card for a guy - specifically for my son Ben.  Ben arrived yesterday for a week's holiday - and it's great to see him.  And that's pretty much how this card came to be. 

I used my jumbo roller wheel - Classic Stars - to create the banner across the card.  I inked up with Versamark and embossed with detail silver powder - that's my grey!!  Next I stamped stars randomly over the card base in blue and yellow, as well as stamping some onto blue and yellow card and cutting them out.  I layered the silver star strip onto blue and yellow card and attached to the card base.  Finally I added a simple sentiment, made on my computer - the font is Matisse ITC, layered it onto yellow and blue card and added a few stars. 


Stamps:  Stampin' Up! - Classic Stars (jumbo wheel), Seeing Stars - sadly both these are discontinued)
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Marina Mist, So Saffron; Versamark
Accessories:  Silver embossing powder and card from stash

For more inspiration check out the blog of our Guest Designer, Cheryl Lea at Ink Up. And don't forget that the rest of the Design Team have also made some gorgeous cards - so drop by and leave some love:



That's all for today - I'm off to spend some time with Ben and Kathryn - not sure what we're going to do, but we might go to the cinema.  Have a good day and see you tomorrow.

22 comments:

Unknown said...

this is awesome! love the scattered stars and added dimension. great card!

Cheryl said...

Great card! Love all the different stars--solid and outlined, stamped and popped out. The silver embossing is really nice. ~Hugs, Cheryl

G Peplow said...

Brilliant card, have a wonderful day, :0) Gay xxx

Pauline said...

Wow! All those stars, for your big star of course, fantastic card, he will love it! Have a great time with the kids, and enjoy the half term break!

Mona Pendleton said...

So fun Deborah! Lovin' all the layered stars! Thanks for the inspiration!

Suzanne C said...

Love the stars! Perfect card for a boy of any age or girl. Lovely layering of the stars in the papers.

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card and like the how you have placed all your stars.

Anne

Unknown said...

Such a fun and beautiful card, Deb! Love all the stars scattered about and the embossing adds a wonderful pop!

Lisa Somerville said...

How fun! love all the added paper stars to the stamped images!

igła i nitka said...

Really nice, energetic card! I almost feel like these stars are coming towards me:)

Sue Lelli said...

Deb, You son must have LOVED this card! What a Welcome Home! LOVE all of the stamped stars and how you made the center banner and how you popped the stars! GREAT guy card!

Jackie W. said...

Soooooooo pretty! I love the simplicity of it, how the colors flow, and all the stars! Too cool! I have wheels, and never think to use them. Have to keep this layout in mind. TFS.

Paula (PEP) said...

It's always a delight seeing what you do with the colours you are set each time. Hope you have a good family time.
Paula (PEP)

Suzanne Russell said...

This is such a happy and lively card. Great use of the colors. I love the starts-I never use stars even though I really like the shape.

Tara Cardwell said...

I love the layers of stars - so effective.
Hope you had a fun day with Ben and Kathryn.
Tara x

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Such a fun and cheerful card! I love stars!
I'm sure it brought a great big smile from your son!
Isn't it great when the kids come home!
Mackie

Vicky Hayes said...

Wow, wow, wow! I knew you'd do something amazing with these! Enjoy having Ben home. Vx

Jenny said...

Such a cool card Deborah, the coloured stars over the stamping give a great dimension to the design :)
Jenny x

Shirley said...

A really cheerful card!

Cyndie said...

What a wonderful masculine CAS card! This design is so versatile, could be used for many occasions by changing the sentiment! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lisa Elton said...

This is so much fun! Love the assorted stars and patterns!

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness! I am just loving all the Fun Stars! Such a Fabulously up bet and cheery card! Love this! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...