Friday 7 October 2011

Christmas in pink ....

... this card is for two challenges - I've used this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge - WMSC67 and over at Jingle Belles - JB41 - the Jinglettes would like us to make a Christmas card that is pink!  The reason - well, October is breast cancer awareness month "so for every fabulous "pink Christmas" card that gets linked up between now and next Wednesday night, Stephanie and Lauren will each donate a dollar to susan g. komen for the cure!!!"  That's $2 per card! 


I don't think there are many of us who haven't known someone battling with breast cancer - so this is a great way to help raise some funds and boost your Christmas card stock.  Lauren and Stephanie - thanks!

My last submission for WMSC was to make a couple of decorations for my Christmas tree, so this time I've made a card.  And it's PINK!!  I used distress inks to add some colour to the edge of a white card, then I added a couple of layers - deep pink satin mirri with a pretty snowflake paper on top.  I used my nesties to cut out a large ornament - with three layers.  On the top layer I stamped the coordinating ornament from Waltzingmouse and embossed it with clear powder.  I cut an oval and added colour with distress inks.  I stamped the sentiment in dark pink and added some glitter to the word "merry".   I attached the ornament to the card and added some die cut snowflakes - the one in the top right was a present from Gay (thanks!).  I'm really pleased with the way this turned out!



Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Seasons of Love, Vintage Ornaments
Inks:  Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress - Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick
Spellbinders: Plain Ovals Sm (S4-112) #3, 2010 Heirloom Ornaments (S4-283) #4 & 5, Create-a-Flake Three (S4-340)
Accessories:  DCWV - The Rose-tinted Christmas Stack; Card, ribbon, gems from Stash

After all the hard work yesterday, I didn't half ache this morning.  But I got on with some more sorting out and actually I'm feeling much better now.  I spent the morning sorting through our office - so much paper work that I've allowed to build up and not filed.  Well, I've shredded the stuff that's old and will finish the filing this evening.  I was really pleased to get into my craft room this afternoon and hopefully I'll manage to have a quick play this evening too.  That's all for now.  See you tomorrow!

17 comments:

Pauline said...

Very pretty Deb, love that shiny retro ornament, I have got Christmas on my mind more than ever now! Beautiful!

Helen Berry said...

Simply fab ornament - love the sparkly snowflakes, the sophisticated bauble stamp and the colours you chose to use x

Mynn xx said...

Oh, wow! This is stunning! I LOVE non-traditionally colored holiday cards, so this was right up my alley! :)

Astrid Maclean said...

Unusual and really striking, great ornament card!

lauren bergold said...

i think next year i would like to commission you to make me a tree full of your gorgeous cricutted ornaments, missus! they are beeeeeeeeeautiful and could easily be the centerpiece of ANYONE'S decor!!!

for now i will content myself with gazing at yet another magnificent card, a wonderfully pink and festive one, that i adore!

thank you for playing along with us and helping us to raise some money for this awesome cause!!! ♥♥♥

SmilynStef said...

Wow ... love those rockin' snowflakes ... awesome ... so glad "went pink" with us at jingle belles.

Kelly S. said...

Oh sooo pretty in pink, and I just LOVE that sparkly edge! It's usually so hard to capture with a camera so this one must just positively shimmer in real life! What a gorgeous way to combine these challenges, Deborah!

Jackie said...

Brilliant card, what a magnificent bauble :o)
Jackie xx

Toulouse said...

Teriffic card Deb, I just love what you have done with the nestie. Your tales of clearning up even motivated me to tidy up the pig stye that is my Messy Desk!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a fabulous shiny pink card Deborah! And what a good idea of Stephanie and Lauren's - must pop over and take a look.

Christina said...

Ooh, how pretty! So shimmery and PINK! Beautiful job, Deb.

Jenny said...

'Pretty in pink' and this most certainly is Deborah, Love it :)
Jenny x

StephC said...

My goodness, this is gorgeous Deb! I love everything about it, and I'm not a huge pink fan. lol Well done!!

Sian Ridley said...

Well, my envy is in overload now!! This is a beautiful card!!! These waltzingmouse stamps and those very spellbinders are currently sitting in my shopping basket over at waltzingmouse just waiting for me to hit the 'checkout' button when I get paid!

I love perusing your blog, it's always jam packed full of inspiration. I'm hoping it'll rub off on me at some point :)

Paula (PEP) said...

I can't get over how much you pack into a day. This is just striking with those bright colours & all the layers.
Paula (PEP)

Lisa said...

wow, this card is a real stunner!

Lorraine said...

What a beautiful ornament. It looks so lovely in pink.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...