Saturday 29 October 2011

Western stars .....

..... it's been a busy day - rushing into town to get some shopping, coming home and ironing all Jonathan's shirts (he's got to pack tomorrow) and finally getting some time to play in my craft room.  I logged on this morning to check out the challenge at Less is More.  The Less is More - LIM39 challenge this week is a lucky dip challenge as it's a five week month.  Chrissie and Mandi have invited a star guest this week - Vicky - who makes wonderful cards and to quote the ladies, "As Vicky is such a star, it gave us the inspiration for our challenge for this week!  It is...

*STARS*

I made the perfect card for the LIM challenge last week - check out my CR84FN41 starry card - I gave to Ben last week when he came to visit!!  However, I sketched out a couple of cards - and this is the first.  I've actually made it for my brother-in-law, he doesn't use the Internet much, so it's okay to share it with you now.


I started off by cutting out a star shape with my largest nestie.  I stamped the blanket pattern onto some paper and attached it behind the star.  Using my stamp-a-ma-jig I stamped the greeting into the centre of the star, and to finish off I stamped a line of stars with the horseman riding off the card.  Clean, simple and masculine.  I'm really pleased how this turned out.

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Back in the Saddle, Way out West
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Marina Mist, Soft Suede, Sahara Sand
Spellbinders:  Stars (S4-092) #5
Accessories:  Card from stash

My colour inspiration comes from this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge - PDCC105 - they've called the colours kraft, flesh and cadet blue. 


That's all for this evening.  I'm off to get dinner for us all and then get settled for this week's Strictly Come Dancing.  See you tomorrow - I've another CR84FN41 card to share with you.  See you then.

34 comments:

Sasha said...

Very ingenius, Deborah...love it!:)

Jenny said...

Love the use of the die negative Deborah, the blanket style pattern makes a great background for the sentiment :)
Fab card!
Jenny x

Unknown said...

This is just fab Deborah! :)
Lizy x

Chrissie said...

This looks terrific Deborah!
The stamping on the DP looks great!
Fabby card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jan said...

Beautiful card xx Jan

Rosemary said...

really fun card, deb!!

Tara Cardwell said...

Fabulous Deborah - I was going to use the star border on mine but decided it was too masculine. I think this is my fave WM set though ;-) It works so well with the colours too great decision.
Tara x

Donna Mosley said...

Really fab male card Deborah.

Donna x

Carol said...

Fabulous male card Deborah, love your star treatment. Carol x

Loli said...

Hola Deb,great idea Deb!! i love this card for a boy, fantastic star, well done !.
A hug from Palma

Carol Wilde said...

Beautiful card !

Carol W

Vicky Hayes said...

I love every fantastic detail of this Deborah! Thank you for your kind words too!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Deborah, this is so much fun!

Katherine said...

Wonderful take on this challenge! Great use of those colors.

Pauline said...

This is fabulous Deborah, love that patterned blanket stamp, everything is so perfectly placed and the colours are fab!

Anne said...

Ooh I like the cowboy silhouette, this is a fun card
Anne
x

Beryl K said...

Brilliant man card Deborah, just fabulous
Beryl x

Paula (PEP) said...

The blanket pattern combined with the cowboy really makes me think of American Indians - very effective & nicely masculine.
Paula (PEP)

Lynne said...

Brilliant Deborah, really love this, thoughts of Clint Eastwood spring to mind.
Lynne xxx

Jenni's Jems said...

What a great male card I find these so hard to do!!x

Lisa A. said...

What a cool birthday card!! Love your sentiment inside your star....great birthday card!!

Marlena M. said...

LOL, this is so cute! I love it. ;)

Viv said...

Great card again Deborah, well done ....could just drink that lovely drink too :O) Viv xx

Michele Gross said...

Wonderful and fun! Love your take on the colors. Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

Lisa Elton said...

This is fun Deborah, love the cowboy!!!

kingstonmama said...

This is a fun 'star' card. I like the pattern in the star, as well as the sentiment. :) Ann

Sandy said...

Love the idea of using the negative, a fab card.
Sandy

You can view my card here

Suze Bain said...

This is fab Deborah. You've inspired me to get out this stamp set again! xx

Vicky said...

Fabulous card - so original! :)

Stacy said...

What a fun birthday card. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is so fun and positively fabulous, Deb! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Susan said...

This really is a fabulous masculine card, Deborah! Love the cut out star!

Kerry said...

Fantastic card, perfect for a mans card x

Sarah said...

just love your design and that's a great sentiment - a really fun and creative take on the theme - well done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...