Sunday 9 October 2011

CR84FN40 - Merry Christmas ....

... we're well into October now and it's time for our new colour challenge at CR84FN.  Mona does pick the loveliest colours and these are just gorgeous - red, brown and kraft. 



Our inspiration photos are just fantastic - yummy cherries, toffee apple and a bunch of fab flowers - lovely!!  Scott (Mona's husband), like many people, is a big APPLE fan and our quote is in memory of Steve Jobs, a sad loss to the world.  The quote is so true.

Now to my card for this week - it's one for my 2011 Christmas Collection. I started with the red card base and found a really lovely red Christmas tree on the papers that matched. I used my nesties to cut out the tree and to make an ornate mat in kraft. I stitched some rich brown paper onto kraft card - using some red thread I found in my sewing box. Before attached the Christmas tree I added some lovely red ribbon. I made a matching tag and attached that to the card - my bows are definitely improving! I stamped a simple sentiment in red to match the card base and ribbon. Oh yes, I added just a touch of glitter to the tree - after all you have to have bling at Christmas.


Stamps:  Docrafts - Christmas set
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Real Red
Spellbinders: Fleur de Lis Squares (S4-318) #3, Regular Squares Lg (S4-126) #4
Accessories:  Brown grid paper - Bo Bunny;  Christmas Tree Paper - Nancy Watts free with Making Cards; Ribbon - Stampin' Up! - Real Red

We are welcoming Cheryl Lea as our Guest Designer for CR84FN40 and CR84FN41 - do check out her blog - Ink Up - to see Cheryl's card using these lovely colours.  And don't forget that the rest of the Design Team have also made some gorgeous cards - so drop by and leave some love:


That's all for today.  I had a lovely relaxing evening last night - and today I'm going to make some cards for a few challenges, and I'll share them with you tomorrow.  Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend - bye for now.

26 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty Christmas card Deb! Love the elegant Christmas tree and frame! Your red stitching looks fabulous!

Pauline said...

Fabulous christmas card Deborah, that red stitching really pops! Love the White tree, perfect for this weeks colours!

Cheryl said...

What a beauty this is! I love the red stitching on the brown dp, and the Fleur de Lis frame around that gorgeous tree is perfect. Great bow, too! :)

Jackie said...

Superb card, the red stiching looks great on the brown card :o)
Jackie xx

Suzanne C said...

Lovely Holiday card! The red and white blingy tree is perfect! Love the angled tag with the sentiment too!

Jenny said...

Fantastic Christmas card Deborah, love these colours and such a perfect red bow too :)
Jenny x

G Peplow said...

Beautiful card Deborah, I love the delicate frame and pretty colours, a super Christmas card, Gay xxx

Heather Rogers said...

Stunning Deborah. I love the double stitched border around the card. Very clever. I will have to try that. TFS. :)
Hugs~

Kary said...

Wow, this is such a gorgeous card, Deb!! Love the colour combo, and the pretty stamped image in the nestie frame. Gorgeous bow & awesome sewing too. Great job!!

Unknown said...

Hi Deb, I love your card The stitching just seems to frame the whole thing. Lovely. Hugs Vee x

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Christmas card, love how you framed the lovely tree image!

igła i nitka said...

What a nice Christmas card! I just love these red stitches:)

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the ornate frame you made, Deb, to spotlight that Christmas tree! LOVE the brown paper with the red stitching! And I MUST say, your bow is just PERFECT! Pretty card for your collection!

Kim Dellow said...

Beautiful Christmas card! Love your stitching. Kim

Tara Cardwell said...

this is really wonderful - i love the stitched detail - i'm scared to use my machine!

Unknown said...

Lovely Christmas card, Deb! Love the double rows of red stitching.. so striking!

Jeanne J. said...

Deb, this is so pretty! I'm jealous of your mad stitching skills. The lines are so straight and perfect.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

The stitching is the perfect touch! Your card is so pretty!

Maja said...

Gorgeous card! Lovew the colour combo and the Christmas tree in a beautiful frame.

Vicky Hayes said...

I really love the red and brown together Deborah and the touch of sparkle on the tree!

Paula (PEP) said...

Super bit of stitching & I love the contrast the tree provides. That bow is a treat - I love the way the tails both sit behind.
Paula (PEP)

Andrea M said...

Hi Deb! This card is stunning! WOW! Love the ornate tree and frame!!! The stitching is fabulous!

whoistracy said...

I love this- the colors are so out-of-the box for a holiday card.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the frame around your pretty tree Deborah! And the red stitching...wow!!

Marie said...

Beautiful homespun Christmas card. The stitching is a marvelous addition.

Shannon White said...

Wow Miss Deb! This is such a Lovely Christmas card! Love your Elegant Christmas tree and your Gorgeous big red bow! Just Beautiful!

Happy Weekend to you!

Hugs
Shannon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...