Saturday 15 October 2011

Birthday elegance ....

... I've made this card for my Mum's birthday which is next week, but I have to post it today to make sure it arrives on time.  It's based on two challenges - a lovely sketch from Clean & Simple Stamping - FTL161 and the lovely colours of the current Ribbon Reel - RR12 inspiration photo.


I've made quite a large card - well it's a special one for my Mum - it's A5 in size.  I started off by covering the base of the card with some pretty rose vellum in soft shades of yellow and peach.  In my stash I found this pretty gold flecked peach card (I got the card from QVC years ago) and I layered it onto some pale orange card.  I added some lovely cream lace with bright orange ribbon.  The rose image was stamped twice and coloured with Promarkers.  I very carefully cut out one of the images - I used my scalpel - so many very fiddly bits - but so worth it.  Then I cut out the three big roses and decoupaged them onto the image.  Finally, I added the orange flower button and birthday greeting.  The card is in the post and should get to Mum in plenty of time for her birthday.


Stamps:  Kanban - All Occasions; Personal Impressions - Wording Stamps
Inks: Memento - Rich Cocoa
Promarkers:  Various (I forgot to write down the names)
Accessories:  Card, vellum, lace, ribbon and button from stash

Now, time to check out what Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge and Less is More have in store for us this week!  See you later.

10 comments:

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card and great colours :o)
Jackie xx

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely card for you mum Deborah! That flecked paper looks wonderful behind your beautifully colored and cut out roses! The lace is so pretty at the bottom too!

Paula (PEP) said...

Lovely feminine card for your Mum - super colours & from what you've written about her I think she will really love it. The decoupage detail of the roses is brilliant.
Paula (PEP)

Heather Rogers said...

This is beautiful Deborah. I love the pretty lace and flowers. I am sure she will love it. :)
Hugs~

Pauline said...

Very pretty Deborah, thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh this is stunning Deborah! What a special card for your mum.

Donna Mosley said...

Stunning card Deborah, love the beautiful stamp and gorgeous colours.

Donna x

Jen W. said...

That gold flecked card is fabulous! What a gorgeous card for your mum!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Deb! Those flowers look gorgeous!

Cheryl said...

Happy birthday to your Mum! Hope she gets the card in time--I'm sure she'll love it, as it's GORGEOUS! That gold flecked card is awesome, and I love it paired with the feminine roses and soft layers of lace. Fab design.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...