Tuesday 25 October 2011

Dots - take two ....

... I'm rather enjoying the challenges from this week's Less is More - LIM38 - polka dots and the lovely layout from Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge - WMSC70.


So I had another go  - I've taken a few liberties with the sketch this time.  I stamped some doily images off the edge of the card at the top left and bottom right and then used some of the flowers I had left over from yesterday's card.  Finally, I added a simple sentiment to say thanks.  I think you can still see the general layout of the sketch.


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Dainty Doilies 2 Small,  Dainty Doilies Large; Chocolate Baroque - Big Flowers
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Wisteria Wonder (another of the new in-colours)
Promarkers:  Orchid, Honeycomb, Cocktail Pink
Accessories: Polka Dot Parade - Papertrey (download); Glass gem and card from stash

We had a fun time at Camera Club last night.  I finally selected my two images to submit for judging and eventually settled on titles - now I've got to wait two weeks to hear what the judge thinks!  It was Jonathan's last night at the Club - he flies to America next Monday - so people kept stopping by to wish us luck.  I had to explain that I'm not going - yet!  Anyway, that's all for now.  We have a busy(ish) day lined up, but should still have time to play.  See you soon!

32 comments:

Jackie said...

Good morning Deborah, what a beautiful card.
Thank you for your lovely comment on my photographs. I do not belong to a club, I'm afraid time constraints don't allow it. I like to just go strolling with my cameras whenever I can :o)
Jackie xx

Stamps and Paper said...

ANother lovely spotty card and like where you have placed your sentiment.

Anne

Pauline said...

This is beautiful, love the colours and pretty flowers!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Deb! Love how you stamped your background with those pretty WM doilies! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

Norma said...

Hi Deborah, How are you? OMG! it's been a while since I've stopped by and I've missed lots of fabulous card!! This card is just gorgeous and I love the simplicity!!
Hugs,
Norma

Buffy said...

Beautiful card Debs, simple and elegant.

Tara Cardwell said...

I think I like this one even more than the first one you made - I really like how the flowers echo the doily shape at the bottom. Great take on the sketch.

Didn't realise Jonathan was off so soon - you'll have quite a mountain of stuff to do on your own. Hope it goes OK.
Tara x

Vicky Hayes said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! There's a dreamy quality about it that I really like. Enjoy your busy day!

Chrissie said...

Subtle polka dots here Deborah.. another lovely card.
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Gibmiss said...

Hi Deborah
Fabulous card ...love it ....
Hugs sylvie
xxx

carla said...

hello Deborah,
what a lovely card! and that with old stuff, I like that.
love from Holland>

Julia Aston said...

What pretty clusters of flowers on this Deborah!

Beryl K said...

This is gorgeous Deborah
Beryl x

Maja said...

Gorgeous card!

Jenni's Jems said...

You seem to be on a roll ,gorgeous card x

Jan said...

A lovely card xx Jan

Lana said...

Gorgeous flowers Deb! Love it! :)

Jenny said...

I love your take on the sketch Deborah, the 'off the edge' stamping is so effective and perfect little flower accents. Gosh... Jonathan's not been back long either! Bet you can't wait to join him :)
Jenny x

JJ Bolton said...

What cute little blooms! Not that I'm not loving the fall and holiday cards, but it's nice to see a bright and colorful design:)

Renee said...

Another beauty!
Love those polka dot flowers...
and with the doilies...
fabby!

Joanne Leddy said...

Simple, elegant, and gorgeous! I love those flowers ... fabulous card. Thanks for sharing your talents, Deborah.

Mynn xx said...

What a beautiful card! I just love your use of the corner space!!!

Shirley said...

This is elegant and stunning! I love how you did your flowers! and thank you for stopping by my blog, Deb!

Kelly S. said...

You're on a roll, Deborah! I love the beautiful flowers bordering the doily! Such an elegant idea, and I think your card fits the sketch perfectly!

Sasha said...

Fabulous card, Deborah. I love your flowers and the doily corners. A great take on the sketch, too:)

Canonbury creations said...

Fabulous card Deborah, love the flowers!
Val x

Dayna Sabrina said...

I love your take on this week's sketch. It's so understated and the stamping is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing! ~ Sabrina

Mrs.B said...

Great card, love your flowers.
Avril

Susan said...

Even with all the blooms on this card it still has a light and airy look to it. I love it!

Lenet said...

beautiful!! Love thos flowers1 they are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at WMSC

Kary said...

Just so beautiful, Deborah!! Love the doilies and the flowers. It's a great card!!!

Cheryl said...

Hi Deborah, Such a pretty card. I love the doilies.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...