Tuesday 11 October 2011

Less is more 36 .....

... this week the challenge at Less is More - LIM36 - is a one layer card challenge and the theme is


"The can be singular, multiple, any colour, but, MUST be a one layer card, with no additional layers stuck on, apart from the odd embellishment or ribbon!" - those are our instructions from Chrissie and Mandi.  This week's challenge is already proving to be quite popular with nearly 150 submissions already!

I think my card is about as clean and simple as you can get.  I used a stamp that came free with one of the magazines (can't remember which one) but it's actually rather sweet.  I got some of the inspiration for my card from Vicky's lovely card



I did a test run on some scrap paper and used my stamp-a-ma-jig to position the heart.  I coloured the image with Promarkers.  I stamped a single leaf and then drew the stem by hand.  I added a large gem to the centre of the flower.

Stamps:  Dawn Bibby - Love Always; Love stamp free with a magazine
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black
Promarkers: Magenta, Cerise, Baby Pink
Accessories:  Gem and card from stash

And that's all for today.  My day started really early and I'm beginning to feel the effects!  See you tomorrow!

10 comments:

Pauline said...

Fab card Deborah, such a happy feel to this.

Paula (PEP) said...

Delightful & perfect for the brief.
Paula (PEP)

Chrissie said...

Great flower Deborah, you have positioned the petals really carefully and combined this with super colouring.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jenni's Jems said...

Great card and great stamping x

Rosanne said...

A lovely card! Grouped hearts make nice flowers!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

What a creative way to use the heart stamp Deborah - love it!
Sylvia x

Beryl K said...

Great card deborah, would never have thought to make a flower from a heart stamp, very clever idea
Beryl x

Jen W. said...

This is brilliant, Deborah! I love that stamp and you've laid it out and coloured it beautifully. Very very cool. :)

Vicky Hayes said...

How lovely of you to mention me Deborah but I must say your heart flower is much more vibrant than mine! Absolutely stunning!

Jenny said...

Marvellous idea Deborah, love the word 'love' in each heart too :)
Jenny x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...