Tuesday 4 October 2011

One layer Wednesday ....

.... I'm running late with my submission for this week's One Layer Wednesday - OLW66 challenge, but I'm here.  The challenge is being hosted by Susan at Simplicity and the theme this week is to "get inspired by Janelle". 

Janelle's blog - Show and Tell - is an inspirational place to visit.  Janelle has always shared great cards and how to make them with us, as well as a joyful description of life, family and her deep faith in God.  And I've dropped in from time to time to check it all out.  Sadly, Janelle was diagnosed with a brain tumour in August and she's facing some tough challenges ahead, but Janelle continues to share her cards, her faith and her progress with us - do visit.  Janelle really is an inspiration.
I spent quite some time reading Janelle's blog - and a couple of coffees later I'd decided to use this card as the inspiration for my OLW66 card.
Janelle's card - I really like the wood grain finish to the hearts!
Janelle is making lots of thank you cards at the moment to give to all her friends, so I thought I'd make a thank you card too.  Here's my take on Janelle's card.



As I had to keep to one layer, I stamped the sentiment directly onto the card and then used one stamp in three shade of pink to stamp a random pattern - very roughly following the layout of Janelle's card. 

Stamps:  Stampin' Up! - Circle Circus; Waltzingmouse - Join Us
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Melon Mambo; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Card from stash


I've been really busy today - I've been tidying and reorganising my craft room.  I'd reached the point where I could hardly see the floor for all the stash on it, and I couldn't find stuff easily anymore - I should tidy as I go along, but......  Anyway, I decided to attack it all today.  And I'm really pleased with my progress.  I can now see my floor again and I rearranged where everything is stored - I think it's going to be a bit easier to find stuff now.   It's been a good day - but I'm shattered, so I'm off to bed now.  See you all tomorrow!

10 comments:

Jeanne J. said...

Deb, Great clean card. I love the bright colors and mod design. You're never afraid to try something new.

Pauline said...

Lovely card. I liked the idea.
Hugs

Paula (PEP) said...

I couldn't believe that you were re-organizing! I've spent most of Tues disembowelling & rearranging my craft room too! My embellishment carousel (old CD storage system) I discovered had gouged a hole in the lino which was why I could not move it any longer so have had to discard & find homes for all embellishment boxes. Still a pile of things to sort on the floor but am doing a bookshop duty Wednesday so will have to continue Thurs. slowly getting there.
Your OLW card is a superb CASing of Janelle's - shall pop over to her blog too. Hope you sleep well.
Paula (PEP)

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, great take on Janelle's gorgeous card :o)
Jakcie xx

CLaire said...

Thankyou so much for the comment you left on my post... just had a quick look round your blog...some amazing cards..
Claire x

Suze Bain said...

Beautiful card Deborah, love those bubble circles and the colours are fab too. xx

Susan said...

Very simple...but so effective! Love how this turned out!

Susan Raihala said...

Such a bubbly, happy card...love those pinks!!!! Thanks so much for honoring Janelle in this challenge.

Vicky Hayes said...

I've been following Janelle's blog since she started pretty much and she really is an amazing lady. I love your take on her heart card.

Jenny said...

Love that stamp, really looks like bubbles floating around :0
Fab card.
My room could do with a sort...too many clear stamps for the box they're in :(
Jenny x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...