Sunday 9 October 2011

Best laid plans ...

... this is just a quick post - my plan to spend some time in my craft room came to nothing!!!  Instead I spent the day finishing the office.  I've done the filing (must not leave it again) and now have a pile of papers to shred!  But I don't half feel pleased with what we've achieved this weekend.

Tomorrow morning the decorators arrive and, if the weather is good, they'll make a start on the outside.  If it's wet - there's plenty to do inside.  We're in for a fairly disruptive few weeks, but in the end it will be worth it.

The reason that we're suddenly so busy with getting the house sorted is that we hope to going to the States in the New Year.  As you know, Jonathan spent some time in Mumbai this year - but he had to go alone.  However, the new project will be for a few years - and that means Kathryn and I get to go with Jonathan.  We don't have final details yet - but as we're hoping for a New Year move - I'm going to be very busy getting this place ready to rent out, and finding out about moving to the States!!  I'm quite excited by the prospect!!

And on that note - it's almost midnight and we've been working flat out all day, so I'm off to bed now - I think I'm going to sleep well.   See you tomorrow!

8 comments:

Jeanne J. said...

Deb, Great news! I hope you enjoy your stay in the US!

A Consuming Passion said...

Wow Deborah, how exciting....just think of all the stamps and papercraft supplies that will be so available to you!!!!!!! Not to mention the fun of living somewhere totally different even if for just a couple of years! Looking forward to hearing where you might be headed!

Pauline said...

Deb, that sounds like an amazing opportunity! Just think of all that PTI goodness you can get your hands on!!! OMG!! I bet Kathryn is very excited!

Jenny said...

oooo sounds exciting Deborah...I'm thinking along the same lines as Pauline, all that crafty stash that you can buy =0D
Jenny x

Cassandra said...

How exciting for you Deborah - but leaving beautiful Wales, that would be hard. Still think of all that wonderful (cheap) card making treasure you will be able to bring back. Oh I am envious.

Vicky Hayes said...

So it's going to happen? How exciting for you all Deborah!

Tara Cardwell said...

Oh how exciting - you'll have to make sure you're close to a Michaels store in the states so you can get your hands on all their crafty bargains I so often drool over on the US bloggers posts.
Tara x

Paula (PEP) said...

Goodness - this all sounds rather exciting.
Paula (PEP)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...