Thursday 6 October 2011

No card today ....

... but I've really made huge progress cleaning out and tidy our garage!!  We hired a skip, delivered yesterday, so that I can go through our house and get rid of the accumulated rubbish and stuff.  I've made a start in my craft room - not too much to get rid of in there, more a case of tidying up! 

But our garage has been used as a dumping ground for the last few years and was full of boxes - it looked really awful.  But once I started, I found it wasn't as bad as initially thought.  Mostly it was empty cardboard boxes that had not been collapsed and disposed of before.  I started clearing out at 1.00pm and had most of the stuff in the skip by 4.00pm.  Jonathan was home from work early and he joined in and between us we've just about finished.  There are a couple of boxes to empty tomorrow, but it's taken a lot less time than I expected.  However, I'm totally shattered and haven't been in my craft room at all. 

In fact, I'm not even going to play this evening - I think I'll fall asleep on my desk :)  Instead, I'm off for a glass of wine and some TV!  See you guys tomorrow.

5 comments:

Jeanne J. said...

Deborah, It's amazing how much you can accumulate over the years! I bet you're glad you're done with the garage! Kick your feet up and relax! And back to work tomorrow :) !!

Donna Mosley said...

Ooh! Deborah, sounds like you've been busy, hope you're sat with your feet up hun.

Donna x

Paula (PEP) said...

Isn't it a good feeling when it's done? I've been sorting my Craft Room & finding homes for things & had another phone call tonight asking if I could cover in the bookshop tomorrow. I'm thrilled as my Craft Account is looking healthy despite taking a considerable hit at the Cardiff Craft Show last week.
Paula (PEP)

Buffy said...

Well done you.
We are in desperate need of gutting the loft (not the bit with my craft stuff mind). We have a Spectrum ZX+ up there, a Betamax video player...don't ask...trust me don't...lol
Hope we can pop up some time soon
Buf xx

Vicky Hayes said...

That sounds like a job well done! Hope you enjoyed your glass of wine and TV - I think you definitely earned it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...