Saturday 1 October 2011

Let's hear it for the boys .....

... and the theme for this month's challenge at St Luke's Charity Card challenge is - masculine cards!  What fun!  Now, I know that some people find it hard to make cards for guys - so this is the perfect opportunity to have a play!  I like making masculine style cards - and I usually make them for my teenage son, Ben, so my cards are usually grungy, modern teen type cards.  Ben lives with his Dad so I try to send him a card each week to keep in touch and let him know that I love him.


I decided to do something different - so I found my Joanna Sheen Victorian CDs and had a look through the images and found this super image and coordinating papers too.  I printed the images and the plaid paper onto some satin finish photo paper; the shadow dog paper was printed onto plain paper for a softer look.  The layout of my card is based on an old sketch (see below) which I found at Sketch N Stash - I think it's perfect for this card.  The sentiment label has been attached with dimensional tape and I added a little straw boater - just because it's so cute!  I'd send this to my Opah (Dutch for Grandad) if he was still with us, but this is going to Tara for the next sale.



Image & Papers: Joanna Sheen Victorian Animals CD
Sentiment:  Dawn Bibby from a QVC set that I purchased years ago!

We have a super prize for the winner of October's challenge - donated by Craftie Charlie.  Such a lot of lovely goodies - good luck!


For more inspirational masculine cards - please check out the DT blogs :

Don't forget if you can spare your card you can send it to St Luke's Hospice to go into the next sale that Tara organises.  For full details check the side bar here.



And before I go - did you know that today is NATIONAL CARD MAKING DAY!! As if I needed an excuse to play in my craft room!!   Actually, I'm going to my local craft shop to a Promarker class - should be great fun!  See you later.

12 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

This is a great card Deborah - I love the additional hat you added to the sentiment - nice touch!
Happy World Card Making Day!
Tara x

Mona Pendleton said...

Well Happy National Card Making Day Deb! This is such a fab masculine card! Hope you join in some of the World Card Making Day celebrations on Saturday, Oct 1st :)

Paula (PEP) said...

Terrific with that tartan & the dog. Can't beliee it is October - more like mid August with the weather.
Paula (PEP)

Pauline said...

Happy world card making day! This is a fab masculine card, I do find them hard to make, no ribbon or glittery goodness allowed lol! Still, we must think of them occasionally, and I I do love your fab little dog with his jaunty hat! Lovely card, enjoy your class.

Stamps and Paper said...

Your card really made me smile its brilliant...

Anne

Jenny said...

Totally original Deborah, love the pooch with his straw boater. Fab card :)
Jenny x

Jackie said...

Brilliant card, very masculine. I love the tartan paper :o)
Jackie xx

Lynne said...

Great card Deborah. I just love the dogs in their little hats and the tartan DP is perfect.
Lynne xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card deborah, I like the dogs and the plaid paper.
Kevin xx

G Peplow said...

Hi Deborah, Great idea to have the vintage image, lots of fun too, I like the tartan, good job:0) Gay xxx

Vicky Hayes said...

Hi Deborah. The dog in the hat image is absolutely priceless! A fab card for Grandad!

Jeanne J. said...

Your card is just too cute! Love it! Talk about a party animal. You made me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...