Wednesday 26 October 2011

Love leaves memories ....

...  I heard yesterday evening that my friend's husband died - he had been ill for a while, and my friend had to close her shop to be with her husband.  Sadly, I didn't hear until I spoke to her yesterday.  So I've made this card for her and gave it to her this morning.



I CASEd my own card made for the For Your Inspiration challenge - I thought the leaves and verse were just perfect.  However, I did change the colours, my inspiration coming from Kim and Lynne (at the bottom of the post).  Actually, I can see this design working in other colours too - shades of brown, green, grey and lavender would all work beautifully.  And I think Claire's verse is just lovely.

Stamps: Penny Black - Japanese Maple; Waltzingmouse - Irish Blessings
Inks:   Kaleidacolour - Blue Breeze
Spellbinders: Classic Squares Lg (S4-126) die #7
Accessories: Martha Stewart punch; Card from stash

That's all for now.  I'm just about to head off to the local cinema to take Kathryn to see "Monte Carlo" starring Selena Gomez.  Kathryn absolutely adores Selena (she's one of the young actresses in the Disney studio) and it look like it could be fun.  Light, frothy stuff - a fun way to spend the afternoon.  Afterwards, we might even have a bit of time to pop into Hobbycraft for a quick look round - no buying of course!!!!
 
When I get home, I'll have some time to play in my craft room.  I've got a few cards I need to make - and soon.  Birthdays coming up!!  See you soon.

11 comments:

Kim S said...

Thank you for the mention! I love the way you have laid this out- the leaves continuing off the bottom are the perfect special touch.

Stamps and Paper said...

A beautiful card Deborah and I just love those words and a perfect sympathy card.

Anne

Sasha said...

Sorry to hear about your friends husband, Deborah.
Your card for your friend is beautifully stamped and those words are beautiful, too.

Marlena M. said...

I'm so sorry for your friend's loss. Your card is gorgeous...I loved it in the red also. ;)

Tara Cardwell said...

Sorry to hear about your friend - this is the perfect sympathy card though.
Tara x

Pauline said...

So sorry for your friend's loss Deborah, she will be touched by your thoughtful and beautiful card you have made, it's a perfect sympathy card, and the image looks wonderful in blue.

Jenny said...

Beautiful colour to use Deborah, hope it brings comfort to your friend :)
Thanks for the heads up about LIM showcase :)
Jenny x

G Peplow said...

Hi Deborah, This is perfect, I love the colours and the way the variation of colour suits the image too, good choice! The stamp and the sentiment couldn't be more fitting. I think I might just need that one! I hope the cinema was fun, Gay xx

Jackie said...

Absolutely perfect for the occasion, and those words are beautiful :o)
Jackie xx

Mona Pendleton said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's loss Deb, surely this card will bring comfort. I love the various color combos!

Sarn said...

Beautiful card. Fresh and autumnal. xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...