Sunday 30 October 2011

CR84FN41 - Take care ...

.... it's week two for our CR84FN41 colours - blue, grey and yellow - and this time I've gone for a softer look.


Leslie of Creative Mint has provided our inspiration photos - and I think they're just lovely.  I think the middle picture was more my inspiration this time round.


I made this for my sister-in-law who is having a really tough time at the moment, we wanted to send her a card to show that we care and that we're thinking of her.  One of my favourite flowers is the agapanthus so I based my card on them.  The flowers were embossed in detail silver and I added some colour to the outline images, then I softened the edge by adding two shades of yellow.  The sentiment panel was made from striped designer paper layered onto some blue card.  I stamped the sentiment and embossed with silver, added "thinking of you" in pale grey - it shows up more in real-life! 

Stamps:  Stampendous - Agapanthus Cluster; Waltzingmouse - Say It Loud
Inks: Versamark; Stampin' Up! - So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Bashful Blue
Accessories:  Stampin' Up! designer paper; Silver embossing powder and card from stash

I used the Clean & Simple layout - FTL162 for my card - but I missed the deadline to submit to their blog! 

These colours are so pretty and we've already had lots of lovely entries, but there's still time to join in.  Check out the CR84FN blog to see more inspirational cards from the Design Team.  Our Guest Designer Cheryl Lea is leaving us this week, but she's made one more lovely card to share - thanks so much for joining us.

Our clocks go back one hour Sunday morning - a week earlier than in the US - and it's giving me a bit of a headache making sure I schedule the right time for this post!  Well, here's hoping it goes up at the right time.  See you all later.

22 comments:

Donna C. said...

Just gorgeous!

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh this is lovely Deborah! Quite elegant too my kind of card!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Deb! Love the soft blending around the beautiful flowers!

Pauline said...

This is just lovely Deborah, the image and colours are perfect for a reflective thoughtful card, I'm sure your sister in law will appreciate your thoughts.

Suzanne C said...

Lovely! One of my favorite stamps. Love how you took the sentiment over the onto the flowers.

Toulouse said...

What a beautiful calming card Deborah, I'm sure your sister in law will feel uplifted by it.

Stamps and Paper said...

Very pretty card...those colour together are just gorgeous.

Anne

McCrafty's Cards said...

A very elegent card Deborah, I like the image and the way you have done the sentiment.
Kevin xx

Heather Rogers said...

So very pretty Deborah. I love the flowers. I don't mind time changing in the fall because you get an extra hour of sleep, but it gets dark too early. :)
Hugs~

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful card Deborah, your SIL will appreciate your thoughtfulness. The dreaded time change...ughhh, it makes it dark soooo early!!!

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card, this is my favourite agapanthus stamp :o)
Jackie xx

Sasha said...

Such a gorgeous flower stamp. I love your colour choices and sentiment:)

Paula (PEP) said...

This is a lovely card for your purpose & a super interpretation of the photo with the colours - especially with the agapanthus shaped heads reflecting the blooms in the photo. It's very effective the way you stamped the sentiment across the two panels too.
Paula (PEP)

Marta said...

Beautiful card Deborah!
I love the flowers stamp and the sentiment on both cards.
Your sister-in-law will definitely love it.

Vicky Hayes said...

This is beautiful Deborah and in gorgeous colours too. I'm sure your sister-in-law will appreciate a card to show that you're thinking of her while she's going through a horrible time.

Jennipher said...

Oh Deb, this is a lovely take on the color challenge! Just gorgeous.

Sue Lelli said...

Deb, this card will mean so much and that sentiment is justPerfect! LOVE those agape Thad and all the detail you added! Gorgeous card!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous! Love that flower panel with the soft inked edges. :)

Unknown said...

Such a lovely and thoughtful card for your, SIL! The embossed flowers are beautiful!

Marie said...

Deborah, I think you mastered the soft subtle look. This card is just lovely and I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated.

Shannon White said...

Oh, this is so Lovely Miss Deb! I just know your SIL is going to love it! Just simply Beautiful! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Sarn said...

Oh that IS gorgeous. Great idea xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...