Friday 14 October 2011

Let's hear it for the boys - take 2 ...

... our St Luke's Charity Card Challenge for October is themed "Let's hear it for the boys!".  Now I know that lots of people don't really like making cards for guys, but I sort of enjoy them.  I suspect it has a lot to do with having a teenage son and needing to make cards for him. 


The first card I made for this challenge was a more traditional card - in fact I attached a sentiment for Grandad!  So I decided that this card would be for Ben - I like to send him a card each week and I forgot to send one last week.  I've used the colours from this week's Colour Q - cQc106 challenge - they're so bright, so funky! 


I don't have crushed curry in my stash, so I've used Daffodil Delight.  I started with a plain white card and stamped some images in Versamark and clear embossed them all.  Then I added Daffodil Delight and Tangerine Tango - sponging them both onto the card - and I love the resist reveal when you do this.  Using Basic Grey I stamped some more of the small images randomly onto the card.  I stamped the guitar in black directly onto the card base and again onto some plain white card, this time I embossed the image with clear powder and cut it out.  I coloured the  guitar and attached it over the stamped image.  Finally, I stamped and embossed a sentiment, coloured the background and then cut it out and mounted with dimensional tape.  A really funky card for my boy!


Stamps:  Inkadinkadoo - Rock Star
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Basic Grey, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories:  Card, clear embossing powder from stash

I've got another busy day lined up - my decorators will be back and hopefully they'll complete the family bathroom, utility room and guest bathroom.  And while they're doing that I'll be making a start on moving Kathryn's stuff out.  See you later!

7 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

Great funky teenage card Deborah I love the glossy guitar it really pops and the orange swirls make it really rocking!
Tara x

Jen W. said...

Fabulous use of the colours, Deborah! Love the white embossed images!

Jackie said...

Fantastic card, great colour combination :o)
Jackie xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Striking - very teenagerish too.
Paula (PEP)

Sylvia said...

Great card, Deborah! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Anita Scroggins said...

Love the resist technique - wonderfully done. Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ this week

Jenny said...

Love the use of colour for a guys card. Fab card :)
Jenny x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...