Friday 21 October 2011

One - for two ....

... unexpectedly, I managed to get a couple of hours in my craft room this evening and so I've made this card for two challenges.  The first is the colour challenge at Colour Q - cQc107 and the second is One Layer Wednesday - OLW69, this week being hosted by Jennifer at Styles Ink.  Jennifer want us to use stripes on our card.


I really like these colours and I've just got the new "in-colours" so I can play with all the colours!  Yea!!  I've made a really simple card - I found some love stitch style stamps in my stash - I can't remember the last time these saw ink, so I decided to play with them.  I simply stamped each colour in a different stitch and then added the sentiment - a bit punny, but fun!



Stamps:  Hot off the Press - Stitch stamps; Waltzingmouse - Sewing Box Hugs
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie, Lucky Limeade, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories:  Card from stash

Jonathan and I have just watched the first episode in Season 2 of The Walking Dead - it was brilliant!!!  Rather gory, but excellent.  And I think it's now time for bed.  I'm so pleased that I managed to get a card made after all.  That really is all for this evening - see you tomorrow!

18 comments:

Jennifer Styles said...

A great colour combo and a really cute card!

Fab job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW69!

Unknown said...

I love this! the sentiment is great.

Joyce said...

Oh, I love this. It's sew clever! (sorry, I couldn't resist) What a great idea. You have reminded me that I have a similar set, that I should play with. I love how you took what I thought of as Halloween colors, and did something totally different.

Anonymous said...

I sew love what you did(couldn t resist too),sewing notions are gret stripes!

Anonymous said...

I sew love what you did(couldn t resist too),sewing notions are gret stripes!

LeAnne said...

What a fun creation--CAS and sew, sew cute. Thanks for playing the CQC this week!

Rosemary said...

oh what a fantastic card for both challenges!! love the sentiment... "sew" (hee hee!) perfect! thanks for your super sweet comment. i so appreciate it!!

Mynn xx said...

Such a superb card! Love the stitching and that punny sentiment! ;)

Jenny said...

An inspired idea Deborah and love the puny sentiment:)
Jenny x

Vicky Hayes said...

I adore this Deborah! Gorgeous colours and a gorgeous CAS design too.

G Peplow said...

This is fabulous Deborah, I love the clean simplicity and the sentiment rocks!!! LOL, Gay xxx

Jen W. said...

I LOVE this! The design is fab and I love that it's not a Halloween card using these colours. :)

Sylvia said...

Cute card, Deborah! Love the simplicity of it. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Renée said...

beautifully clean and striking! Thanks for playing with us over at ColourQ :)

Unknown said...

Deb, this is so pretty! Love the clean stitched look! I hope you can play my prompt at Jingle Belles this week 7 thanks SO much for playing at colourQ :) hugs!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

FABULOUS!! So cas and great design - perfect take on those colors too!!

Yapha said...

Lovely card!! Thank you for playing with ColourQ this week!

kingstonmama said...

I love this, Deborah. Great color combo, and your sentiment is fabulous. I like how you've placed your words. :) Ann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...