Monday 3 October 2011

Peace to all ...

... this is just a quick post and my Christmas ornament has been inspired by two challenges - the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge - WMSC67 - I like the plain bauble and may use it again to make a few more for the tree!!  The second is this week's Jingle Belles - JB40 challenge where the Jinglettes would like us to "incorporate a Peace Symbol or the word Peace into your design ... or create a card that evokes Peace for you (snow, forest, etc.)"  Check out the blog - Stephanie has made the most beautiful card with snowflakes to create the peace symbol!

I think that one of the most peaceful things in the winter is newly fallen snow - there's a special kind of quiet and a lovely light at that time.  So I made another snowflake ornament and this time I decorated it with some blue sparkly snowflakes and the word "Peace" - simple, but lovely!


I cut out two of these gorgeous snowflakes in silver mirri card - I attached silver thread to the inside of one die and then glued them both together - making sure that all the pretty spikes were properly stuck together!!  Next I stamped two pretty snowflakes in blue onto some plain card and used a circle punch to cut them out.  I used my glue pen to outline the main snowflake and added lots of glitter.  I attached one to the front and back of the ornament.  Finally, I stamped the word "Peace" - don't you love that font - onto some card in a darker shade of blue, and then glittered the word.  I cut closely around the word and then attached it to the front of the ornament. 

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Around Christmastime, Say It Loud - Winter Holiday
Inks:  Distress - Broken China, Tumbled Glass
Spellbinders:  2010 Snowflake Pendant (S4-286)
Accessories:  Thread and glitter from stash

I've taken a shot of the back - the snowflake is so pretty - and a close up of the front showing the detail more clearly.


I think I might make a few more ornaments for our tree - the sketch gives us so many options - and I still have the lovely Bauble nesties to play with :)

And that's all for this morning.  It's Monday and that means it craft class today.  I've got some more stamps to catalogue - ones that came free with one of the craft magazines.  I like to make the reference sheets at class as it's easy to do and allows me to chat.  And I'm taking my new Stampin' Up! catalogue with me - the ladies like to have a browse.  See you all later.

21 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

I really thought you'd used a metal snowflake & decorated that until I read your post. Terrific with the aqua colours & sparkliness. Enjoy your class.
Paula (PEP)

Anonymous said...

that is great!
Elma

Tara Cardwell said...

I thought it was a metal snowflake you'd bought to decorate - it looks brilliant - would never have guessed it was a die cut. I think it will make a fabby set of ornaments if you make some more.
Tara x

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty! Love that gorgeous silver snowflake! :o)

Aileen said...

Lovely Christmas ornament. The Miri card really makes it look like metal. These will be fab on your tree and would good with different Christmas words in each one. x

Kelly S. said...

These ornaments are spectacular, Deborah! I seriously can't believe that you didn't make them in a metal shop?! Gorgeous in silver with that blue snowflake center...and you chose the perfect sentiment!

Jeanne J. said...

Deb - Another gorgeous ornament - I think I like this one even better with the silver! Very pretty!

Pauline said...

Very pretty Deb!

Charmaine Stack said...

So pretty! I really thought it was a metal charm snowflake. Definitely make some for the tree!

Maja said...

beautiful snowflake

Vicky Hayes said...

I can't get over how effective this is!

Jenny said...

Such an incredible metal effect, love the idea of making them for the tree!
Brilliant project Deborah :)
Jenny x

Carol said...

This is fabulous Deborah, love it. Carol x

Karen M said...

Fabulous tag, Deborah! It really does look metallic, amazing!

Lise said...

What a beautiful christmas ornament :-)

Sue said...

This is gorgeous - I thought it was a metal embellishment until I carried on reading. A truly beautiful decoration. Sue.x

lauren bergold said...

i hate to repeat the same comments as everyone else, but HOLY WOW, yes, i too, thought this was an utterly gorgeous metal snowflake ornament that you purchased and added the paper bits too! and even then i thought, "what an awesome and clever project!!!" this is ♥BRILLIANT♥ miss deborah, in every way!!! (LOVE it!)

Marie Bingaman said...

Very neat ornament! Love it! :)

SmilynStef said...

Absolutely gorgeous ... I love how the Christmas lights would reflect off the metallic sparkle ... so glad you joined our jingle belles fun.

JJ Bolton said...

Another awesome creation! Love it!

Helen Berry said...

Ooooo - this is a really pretty one too!! I love the simplicity of it - truly elegant Deb.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...