Saturday 14 January 2012

Pretty in pink ....

...  I hope you've all had a good week and are looking forward to a great weekend.  I've got one card to share with you now, but I've been busy - so do pop back again, I've got a couple more coming soon.

The first card has been made for three challenges - the layout from this week's Mojo Monday - MOJO223 and I've used the colours from the inspiration photo over at The Ribbon Reel Challenge - RR19.  The Ribbon Reel team would like us to make a card featuring polka dots, pink and, of course, some ribbon or twine.  It so happens that  DYSU#54 also has a colour challenge this week - the team would like us to use pink!  Yea!!


I've made a birthday card - not for anyone in particular, just one to go into my stash.  As the colours are pink, I've made a really girly card!  I have some wonderful papers and images from Pink Petticoat all on DVDs; but I tend to forget about them.  I decided to fix that with this card.  I printed the pretty rose and dot paper onto satin photo card for the background.  The image is also by Pink Petticoat - it's Lola Rose and she's celebrating; I used a mixture of pencils and pens to colour the image.  I stamped some pink polka dots onto white card, mounting this and the image onto black mirri card.  The circle accents are made from coordinating paper coloured with Promarkers and a printed birthday greeting.  Finally, I stamped a pretty butterfly and attached that to the bottom panel.


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Off Beat Backgrounds; Loving Life Collection - free with Simply Homemade (butterfly)
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink
Spellbinders:  Lacey Circles (S4-293) #2, Standard Rectangles Sm (S4-130) # 4 & 5
Accessories:  Pink Petticoat - Lola Rose Image, Blooming Doodles Orchid; Ribbon, birthday greeting and card from stash

That's all for now.  We're off to Chester this morning for some girly time and some shopping!  I'll be back later - see you then.

8 comments:

Pauline said...

This is fabulous Deborah, what w wonderful image, and I love the backing papers too! Thanks for joining us at DYSU and TRR this week!

I have no Internet connection has been off since weds eve, so I'm trying to use my phone for comments, so sorry for any typos, it's a slow process!

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely girlie card Deborah...love the vibrant pink..sweet image too.

Anne

Paula (PEP) said...

I like the way you've used similar patterns for the background & the little scalloped circle. The butterfly is a beauty. Have a good day shopping.
Paula (PEP)

WencheP said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Denise said...

Love this pretty card and gorgeous image.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Unknown said...

Super cute card!! Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week, Joan

Helen Berry said...

Deb, this is so pretty-I really like the images you used and that pretty butterfly. Great layout too! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight xxx

Oscar said...

Such a fun card Deb, love that PP image and your butterfly is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...