Saturday 28 January 2012

A CAS-ual card ....

.... For Saturday morning - I know I'm not going to be first on the CAS-ual Fridays challenge, but I'm in earlier than normal for me!!  I've made this card with two challenges in mind:



I followed the sketch quite faithfully, starting off by stamping a background using the large doily set from Waltzingmouse, (inspiration from my Blog Buddy Pauline) which I then embossed.  I stamped the sentiment onto plain white card and used my square nesties to cut it out.  I threaded some fine navy ribbon (recycled) through the holes in the beaded square.  I made a pennant and home made brad and attached it to the card with dimensional tape.

   
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Doilies Large, Back in the Saddle, Bitty Banners
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Pear Pizzazz, Night of Navy, Elegant Eggplant
Spellbinders: Nested Pennants (S5-028), Beaded Squares (S4-315) # 3, Standard Squares Sm (S4-128) # 4
Accessories:  Cuttlebug Folder - Love's in the Air (set of 4); Card, ribbon and brad from stash

I've got a busy morning today - I'm taking Kathryn into town as she wants to visit Argos for a new doll and after that I'm off to donate blood at one of the local schools.  I used to be a regular donor, but when I moved to Wales I sort of fell off the radar!  Anyway, I started back again in February last year and was due to go again in October, but couldn't because I'd had various vaccinations before going to India.  But I'm allowed to go again - so this morning I'll be parting with "an armful" of O Neg!!  Jonathan is off for a photo shoot in the morning, making up for lost time!!  That's all for now.  See you later.


17 comments:

Stella said...

Ahhh I love this; fab use of WM stamps and brilliant design. Such a lovely take on both challenges! This card is one of my faves :)
XX

Pauline said...

Oh this is gorgeous, these colours are beautiful together aren't they? Love the doily stamped background in these tones, it's my favourite pattern builder at the moment, so many possibilities!
Enjoy your shopping trip, and I hope they give you a biscuit after your donation!

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your card Deborah, beautiul colours and a great design.

Anne

G Peplow said...

This is very pretty Deborah, gorgeous colours to work with too, Gay x

Deb said...

Beautiflu card! Great job combining the challenges. I did too. It's great to see others do the same. I will be posting it today.

Sasha said...

I love these colours together, and those WM doily stamps make such a wonderful background. A really lovely card!:)

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful card, Deborah. Wonderful use of the colors! ;)

Lisa Elton said...

Lots of of patterns Deborah! Pretty card ;)

Mynn xx said...

What a fabulous stamped background--soooo pretty! :) LOVE the stamps you chose--this is wonderful! :)

Paula (PEP) said...

I love that background you stamped & the pennant is quite delightful. Hope all went well with the blood....they won't let me give as I'm a stone under their minimum weight! Hope Kathryn got what she wanted - nice that she's still into dolls.
Paula (PEP)

Sue Lelli said...

Deb, LOVE the doily stamping and the ribbon through the die! LOVE the pennant, too! FAB card!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love these colours together Deborah and your wonderful stamped background!

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a beautiful card, your colours are perfect and a great card for both challenges.

Stacy said...

Totally loving this card!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Laura Davis said...

Very pretty!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Tara Cardwell said...

I missed this one earlier in the week - sorry! I love the mix of the doilies with the cowboy sentiments - really beautiful.

Tara x

Dana said...

Oooh, nice stamping here! I love the colors of your BG. Thanks for joinging us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...