Wednesday 25 January 2012

A birthday card ....

.... I managed to get an hour in my craft room this evening and I've made a card for three challenges:



I turned the Mojo Monday around to make a portrait style card.  I cut out the little mats in plain white card and then stamped  the flowers - first I stamped in the colour ink and then in Versamark, both have been heat embossed with clear powder.  I sponged colour over the Versamark images to bring out white flowers.  I stamped the sentiment on to the centre panel and added leaf images in Versamark mark, heat embossed with clear powder and then sponged on some green ink.  To finish off I've added a tiny vellum butterfly - on its way to visit those lovely flowers.



Stamps:  Dawn Bibby - Flower Patch
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, More Mustard; Versamark
Accessories:  Clear embossing powder, vellum and kraft card from stash

I've had fun trying to get a decent photo of the card - I'm so looking forward to the long, light evenings of Spring and Summer.  The photo above was taken without flash and I think really shows the warm tones of these lovely colours, however, it's not quite sharp!!  So I used my flash - see right - it's sharper, but has washed out the colours a bit.  But you can really see the shine from the embossing!  Swings and roundabouts I think!!

I've had a busy couple of days - I did get all my ironing finished - and for a whole 24 hours, my washing baskets were stacked and empty!!  Sadly, the bit of washing I've done today means more ironing.  I have started to do the ironing while watching programmes that I've recorded - it does make it go a bit quicker.  

That's all for now - I'm going to nip downstairs and catch up on some episodes of Criminal Minds that I recorded earlier today and have a nice cup of coffee!  See you tomorrow.


20 comments:

M said...

This is gorgeous, I love it! I especially like the middle panel - but green is my favourite colour so I guess I would!!!

Do you use stamp cleaner on your stamps? I ask because i wash mine with washing up liquid but find they don't scrub up that well, so if i use an embossing ink then it ends up a horrible dingy colour which winds me up, even if you can't see it once the embossing powder goes over the top! M x

Tara Cardwell said...

That's just stunning Deborah - perfect combo of the challenges.
Tara x

Deborah Frings said...

I tend to use baby wipes to clean my stamps - I try to get the ones that don't shed. Occasionally, if I can't get the ink out, I'll use a very soft toothbrush and warm soapy water to get out any residue. Hope this helps! And thank you for your lovely comment - these colours are fab!

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card and wonderful bright colours love the white embossing



Anne

Jenny said...

You've made these colours look totally tropical with the stamps you used and I love the LO of your design :) A cup of coffee sounds a great idea :)
Jenny x

Danni said...

Very nice card with such pretty colors! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Charmaine Stack said...

Deborah, this is a great card. And thank you so much for the wonderful card you sent to me! I love to receive handmade cards and almost never do! And I just have two words for you, my dear: permanent press!

Pauline said...

Oh this is just beautiful Deborah, these colours are fab! They remind me of Christmas, I made one for this challenge yesterday, but have the same light issues as you, so will picture it later!
I love the panels you created, and the fabulous sketch, a marvellous arrangement with these gorgeous colours! Love the little vellum butterfly too!

G Peplow said...

Beautiful textures and colours, love the warm tones and simple design!

Deborah Frings said...

So glad the card arrived safely!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous embossing and inking! Love the patchwork feel of this. :)

Vicky Hayes said...

You've used these colours brilliantly to make a lovely warm card Deborah. I'm impressed at your empty laundry baskets - that's never happened here!

Sylvia said...

What a lovely card, Deborah, especially like the embossing! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

Christina said...

This has such a wonderful, warm feel to it. I love how you stamped the flowers in color above and used sponging to get the negative effect on the bottom! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!

Stella said...

The "grid"sketch is lovely and I love how you used the stamps twice. The result is stunning; I kept looking and looking again :)
XX

Arielle H Gordon said...

So cute Deborah! Love the stamped panels! Thanks so much for playing at the colourQ this week!

Paula (PEP) said...

The embossing looks superbly shiny - I know what you mean about the photography........not easy & I definitely find the browns hardest.
Paula (PEP)

Lisa Elton said...

Love your color blocked panels Deborah! Very pretty card.

Tracey McNeely said...

Stunning embossing, I love this card.

Yapha said...

The emboss resist is just gorgeous on that card! Great use of the colors! Thanks for playing at ColourQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...