Tuesday 10 January 2012

Purple Christmas ....

... I'm on a roll - here's another card for my 2012 Christmas card collection!!  I've used the lovely sketch from 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown - 52CCT-2, and I've made another card for the Less is More - LIM49 challenge; well, it's my favourite colour - PURPLE!!!!


One of my resolutions this year is to use the lovely card that I have in my cupboard.  I've got lots of gorgeous embossed and foiled card, but I tend to get it out, look at it and then put it away as it's too pretty to use!  But, I'm going to use it this year - well, I'm going to try!! 

Sorting through my stash I came across a carol singers topper, in purple!  Perfect.  A bit more sorting and I found some dotty lilac card to go with it.  I used some purple mirri card to cut a mat for the topper and dotty card.  I added a touch of glitter to the topper - which doesn't really show in the photo, but it so pretty in real-life.  Finally, a simple Christmas sentiment - in purple! 


Stamps:  Stampin' Up! - Contempo Christmas
Inks:  Memento - Grape Jelly
Spellbinders:  Lacey Circles (S4-293) #5
Accessories:  Kanban - Mirri card, dotty card and topper; Glitter from stash

It's not the best picture - but trying to get a decent photo of mirri card is something of a challenge!! 

I'm delighted, and honoured, to be selected as one of the 5 Honourable Mentions at 52CCT - thank you ladies.  Here's my card - details here.



Last night I went to Camera Club to find out what the judge thought of my photos.  I'm pleased to say that I did quite well - not in the top flight by any means, but respectable scores for both my submissions and some really helpful advice on how to improve.  See below for my pictures.  Jonathan did well too.  I'm looking forward to the next competition.


Lady in Green - Mumbai (got 15/20)  - the judge really liked her smile!


Bodnant Gardens (got 14/20) - not enough of the house or of the gardens
and the focus is a bit soft! 

Before I go, I must welcome a new follower - who I actually met in my local craft shop yesterday lunchtime!  I'm delighted to say Hi to Misty's Mum!  That's all for today.  Oh yes, you might notice that I've increased the font size - I'm afraid my eyes were struggling :)  See you tomorrow!

22 comments:

Jackie said...

A beautiful card, love the purple. Congratulations on your honourable mention.
Love your photographs :o)
Jackie xx

Mandi said...

Another super entry Deborah
That's a gorgeosu silhouette
thank you for submitting anouther purple entry
mandi
"Less is More"

Kathyk said...

Another fabulous card from you - loving the purple die cut and the image is just soooooooooooo adorable

Welcome to 2012

Kathyk

Chrissie said...

You really are on a roll Deborah and this is another super one.
Seems quite a few people like purple!
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the purple Christmas card - I'm using what I have unless there is a specific purpose/need for something. Well done with your scores, so helpful to have feedback with something like that.
Enjoy the day.
Paula (PEP)

Tara Cardwell said...

Great combo of the challenges Deborah I need to do my 52cct tonight. Congrats on the mention for yours.
Well done on the photos - I love the Mumbai lady shot.
Tara

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Beautiful creation Deborah...i really should use up my card too

Ali x

Victoria said...

Hi Deborah, thanks for visiting my blog :) I love the silhouettes on that topper and you've made good use of that sketch. Well done on your photography too!

Jacqueline said...

A brilliant interpretation of our sketch Deborah - thanks for joining in again at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

G Peplow said...

Hi Deborah, Another beautiful purple card for LIM I love the central image too it's so Christmassy:0) Congrats on your honourable mentions:0)
I love the photo of the Indian lady her smile is definitely magic, well captured, Gay xxx

Lynne said...

Smashing card Deborah. Love the silhouette.
Lynne xxx

Buffy said...

Gorgeous card Debs, love that purple.

I think the judges "should've gone to specsavers" because I think they are both lovely photo.

Buffy xx

Jenny said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Deborah and I think purple is a great contemporary colour for the holiday season :)
Well done on your photos...a good critique is worth it's weight in gold :)
Jenny x
PS- thanks for the larger font :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such pretty cards Deborah. Love the lovely images and colors. Your photos are nice. I love both. :o)

Mynn xx said...

Oh, Deb! This purple Christmas card is right up my alley! LOVE purple--and this is super gorgeous! Thank you for joining us again this week at 52CCT!

Holly Young said...

Love the focal image and all the pretty purples!

Pauline said...

A fab purple christmas card Deborah, Love the sweet silhouette shape! Congrats on your honourable mention too!

Shobana said...

Can see why you like purple so much! :) Fabby card!
And great pics too...the lady in green is a super shot! :)

Stella said...

No matter what they say; I love your pictures :)
And your cards; congrats on your honourable mention. So well deserved. And that purple card is gorgeous; that silhouette is stunning!
Hugs!

Vicky Hayes said...

Congratulations on your honourable mention and on the photo results - they look wonderful. Your Christmas card looks great in purple too - love those carollers!

Viv said...

Another beautiful card Deborah and congratulations on the photo's also :O) Viv xx :O) Viv xx

Diane said...

Your cards are lovely and I'm seriously impressed you are making Christmas cards. Have enjoyed looking at your great photo's and good luck with your resolution....I too am a paper hoarder ...yet still I buy more!
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...